Jet 1336 PBD Lathe Value?

daveryaz

Registered
Registered
Hi, I am hoping some of your forum members could help me. My parents, who the last one past away last year, has a Jet 1336 PBD Lathe, Stock # 321333, Mfg: 1988. I would like to come up with a fair market value for the lathe since a local person has expressed interest in it. Dad got the lathe right before he retired from farming; they had a small mom & pop farming operation, with the idea he would play with it in his retirement. Well, he had way to many interests and ended up only using it maybe a dozen times learning to operate it by cutting plastic. So the lathe is like new. Would anybody know what a fair market value is? Any idea what was paid for it new around 1988? Thanks for everyone's help

Does it look like this?

8163139062_8623454cd9_c.jpg

If so, they list from $500-$2500. Sound's like your dad purchased it new.....and it's in like new condition? Depending on the tooling included and if it has a stand. I think it would bring $1500 to $2000.

Hope this helps.

Hi. Yes my dad purchased it new. I think it looks like your picture, but with small cabinets in the stand. Since I wouldn't know the difference between lathes, I've attached photos. Thanks for your help. 20170916_071600.jpg20170916_071738.jpg

Reactions: Z2V
Hi, I am hoping some of your forum members could help me. My parents, who the last one past away last year, has a Jet 1336 PBD Lathe, Stock # 321333, Mfg: 1988. I would like to come up with a fair market value for the lathe since a local person has expressed interest in it. Dad got the lathe right before he retired from farming; they had a small mom & pop farming operation, with the idea he would play with it in his retirement. Well, he had way to many interests and ended up only using it maybe a dozen times learning to operate it by cutting plastic. So the lathe is like new. Would anybody know what a fair market value is? Any idea what was paid for it new around 1988? Thanks for everyone's help

It definitely looks to be in nice shape. I have the same lathe. I would love to have another. Where are you located?

Thanks,
John

It definitely looks to be in nice shape. I have the same lathe. I would love to have another. Where are you located?

Thanks,
John[/QUOTE

Hi. My dad bought it new and then used it very little. I am located in the Yuma, Arizona area, and have a local guy here interested in the lathe, but I have no idea what a fair market value would be. What would you feel is a fair market value?

Sorry for taking so long to respond; been travelling before and after Thanksgiving. Thanks for your help.

Lathe_Front.jpg

Lathe_Angle.jpg

It looks new start at $3000.00 . I bought one 2 years ago a 13x40 just like that hardly used for $2500.Prices have gone up.

Any issues running left hand threads with machine?

Jim

Back