Jet 1336 spindle removal help needed

Yooper,
Did you succeed in removing your spindle? I'm working on removing mine (Jet 1336 PBD) right now and if you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them. Did you tap it out or pull it with a piece of all-thread? Did you happen to take any pictures?
I took the head completely off the lathe and brought it to my shop and used my press to get it out. A little pressure on it and it popped right out. It was easier for me as my dads shop was 50 miles away, and it made it easier to get it out and get parts. I would try the the all thread first, make sure to keep track of how it all comes apart, my dad started taking his apart and then called me for help:frown 2:. The bearings and seals were obtained locally, Applied Technologies. HTH
Rick

Thank you for that. After seeing Timken produced videos where they tapped bearings out I figured I would try a little harder. The spindle came right out. Now I have to remove the bearing cups from the headstock and large cone from the spindle. First I'm going to work on my shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back