Jet J-9225 Zip Miter Band Saw Arrives - First Pics!

Yes pricing is all over the place on this saw so I selected 3 machine sellers and called them on the phone and pitted them against each other on price. The saw drop ships from Jet this is free money to the machine seller for doing nothing but typing in the order so they have room to negotiate. I ended up ordering via Southern-Tool and got free shipping, free residential delivery, free lift gate, and no sales tax.:D

As for MSC I'm sick of their pricing games, they price stuff OVER full retail.

Here is the test cut disc included with the saw, its about .040 thick, accuracy over 3 inches is .037 to .040 that's pretty good. Cut finish is also real nice.

bs1.jpg

That's a really nice saw coolidge. Care to share what you paid?

I bought my Jet 7x12 from a retailer up near Seattle, scratch and dent sale. Pitiful looking compared to your new saw but still better than my old 4x6 saw.

Nice saw for sure, that China shops getting itself to producing nice machines. I like it but couldn't afford it without a steady job for it. Much better saw then most I've looked at . Good luck with it. Thanks for sharing

ONE ISSUE...there is no switch on the coolant pump and running it dry without coolant will ruin the pump according to the instructions so I had to open up the control box and unwire the pump from power. Kind of retarded that it comes on/off with the saw forcing you to run coolant.

On industrial type of machines they are often designed to run in one specific mode, the coolant extends the bandsaw blade life so I assume it is an always on feature when the bandsaw is running. But I agree that it would be nice to have a choice. I believe the BS-210/250M Baleigh is also designed the same with no pump switch. The pumps on these machines look more like the submersible types so may have some cooling from the coolant. They use impellers and short term use without coolant should not cause them to overheat. The tank mounted coolant pump types use impellers with the motor above the tank, probably run cooler without pumping coolant. Easy enough to add a coolant switch if needed, but they assume it always will be run with coolant. I do notice that on my Turn-Pro (same as yours) that the coolant does help on the cutting performance and clears the chips better, but there are times where I just need to do a quick cut and do not want coolant all over the place. I replaced all the machine controls to low voltage plus contactors, so it is easy enough to run either way.

The cut test slice is impressive as to both the finish and the accuracy. I also like that the controls for the hydraulic ram are at the front panel away from the saw blade.

Here is the test cut disc included with the saw, its about .040 thick, accuracy over 3 inches is .037 to .040 that's pretty good. Cut finish is also real nice.

bs1.jpg
Those look like metric measurements on that disc

All done! I put it on a mobile base, ShopFox Super Heavy Duty, removed the cast iron caster, installed foot locking urethane wheels so I don't have to reach to the floor to adjust the ShopFox stops.

m1.jpg

At full tilt miter

m2.jpg

Blade tension adjustment

m3.jpg

Side view

m4.jpg

The back side

m5.jpg
That is a great looking saw .

Back