Jet lathe reversing lever issue

Musky_Hunter

Registered
Registered
The reversing lever on my new to me GHB 1440 is working as an on off switch. Up or down the lathe runs the same direction. I'm assuming the wiring is the issue. Does anyone have a diagram or pictures of how that should be wired?

this is for the gh 1440

Attachments

• 322830_man_EN.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 20
Unless someone has been in there messing around
most likely it's the switch itself that's broken, it should be available from Jet
Does the lathe have a lot of hours on it?

Unless someone has been in there messing around
most likely it's the switch itself that's broken, it should be available from Jet
Does the lathe have a lot of hours on it?
Doesn't appear to based off the condition of the ways. I thought the switch might be but it runs forward in the reverse position and it's just a contact witch at the end.

I would take a look at the switch mechanism, there should be two switched circuits, one for the forward contactor and one for reverse. Lever up and lever down. So either the wiring has been messed with or the switch has failed in some funky way, or someone replaced the switch and hooked it up wrong.
See if your contactors have manual override buttons and if so, see if by pushing them you can get the motor to run in both directions
Use care

I would take a look at the switch mechanism, there should be two switched circuits, one for the forward contactor and one for reverse. Lever up and lever down. So either the wiring has been messed with or the switch has failed in some funky way, or someone replaced the switch and hooked it up wrong.
See if your contactors have manual override buttons and if so, see if by pushing them you can get the motor to run in both directions
Use care
Somebody has been messing with the wiring. I have tested both switches in the box at the end and they are good. The wiring cover is off and it looks like all the wires are the same color. I may give Jet a call and see if they can tell me how it should be.

OK at that point the procedure would be to "ring out" or trace the wires one by one back to the contactor circuits- do you have a buddy who knows electrical stuff you could bribe? Perhaps with a case of beer? :)

OK at that point the procedure would be to "ring out" or trace the wires one by one back to the contactor circuits- do you have a buddy who knows electrical stuff you could bribe? Perhaps with a case of beer? :)
I'm pretty good on 12v stuff but don't play well with 110/220. I can tone out the wires end to end from the switches. And if I can find a diagram I should be able to make the connections.

Back