Jiingce DRO question

Earl Horgeshimer

Registered
Registered
One of my shooting buddies traded me a brand new Jiingce JCS900-3ae for an old dro off of an Enco mill I once had. He had the same mill and his display died. He didn't want to go thru the hassle of moving the mill to change the scales so we just swapped. (good deal for me). I have been playing with the thing and I really don't like the 5 decimal places for the x and y axis. Does anyone know how to change the number of places to the right of the decimal place? The display shows version 3.02 when powered up. When I do a "reset" the machine asks for a password. Anyone have experience with this thing?

Thanks

Seems to have lost my posting from yesterday. See attached manual, P44 describes the password and how to set the display resolution.

Attachments

• jcs900 dro manual.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 254
I bought a new DRO from AliExpress that seems to have no way of changing the number of displayed decimal places, only the scale resolution. I ended up "solving" it with a piece of electrical tape over the last digit.

If I set the DRO to .005mm scales instead of the .001mm scales I have installed then it shows 4 decimal places instead of 5, but the distance is wrong. I was thinking I might be able to do a linear compensation to take the .005mm scales and get them to divide by 5 and show the right distance with only 4 decimal places. But thats just me day dreaming.

Thank you. My Manual is a newer version with a much better translation. It does not, however, include anything about the password or resolution.
My manual has 72 pages. I went over it once again and still cant find the password info. the 3211 that was in the manual you sent me doesn't work on mine.

My 10 year old grand daughter asked me what I was trying to do and when I told her, she suggested masking tape! I am a retired electrical engineer so I was looking (and still am) for a parameter to change and completely ignored the "simple fix."

I have one of these, and found that it is really what is referred to as a "D60". The button names are a little different (the single dot is actually the 's' in the logo), but this is the latest one: https://trabiss.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/D60-series-manual-V2.0.pdf

I needed it to do my calibration. I don't see a way on it to change the displayed resolution however. I WILL say that 5th number (4th decimal?) is a touch distracting, I end up trying to get it exact and spend a bunch of time spinning wheels.

I found the password for the 3.02 software version. It was in the section called "Clear All" The password is 4321. The only place I found to use it is when you do the "clear all"

Note the carefully located electrical tape on the X Axis :D

Lathe DRO 2.jpg

Ah, did you mean 'hundred-thousanths' place? If so, I've disabled that somehow... I have only up to ten-thousanths.

On page 80 of the pdf I see a digital filtering setting. It is for a grinder that has vibration. I think that this may be helpful in reducing distraction from the bouncing digits. I am thinking of putting the dro on my surface grinder.
Ah, did you mean 'hundred-thousanths' place? If so, I've disabled that somehow... I have only up to ten-thousanths.
5 digits to the right of the decimal place.

Back