Jiingce DRO question

On page 80 of the pdf I see a digital filtering setting. It is for a grinder that has vibration. I think that this may be helpful in reducing distraction from the bouncing digits. I am thinking of putting the dro on my surface grinder.

5 digits to the right of the decimal place.
Ok, I have 4 digits to the right of the decimal place (I confused digits with significant figures :) ). I vaguely remember messing with a setting to make that happen.

Alright, you had me curious, so I went out and messed with my DRO for a minute. Here's the secrect:

1- Turn the DRO off (or start with it off).
2- Turn the DRO on.
3- When it starts doing its count up to 9, press the 'S' key (to the left of the model number, very lower LH corner). This will enter a configuration mode.
4- Press the up/down arrows until you see 'INCH DOT'.
5-Each axis has the number of decimal digits in it. I THINK you press the 'x' 'y' and 'z' buttons to cycle through the values for each.
6- Press the 'S' key again to leave config mode.

Note there are other useful things in this config, such as scale type (1um vs 5 um, etc), AND + direction.

Alright, you had me curious, so I went out and messed with my DRO for a minute. Here's the secrect:

1- Turn the DRO off (or start with it off).
2- Turn the DRO on.
3- When it starts doing its count up to 9, press the 'S' key (to the left of the model number, very lower LH corner). This will enter a configuration mode.
4- Press the up/down arrows until you see 'INCH DOT'.
5-Each axis has the number of decimal digits in it. I THINK you press the 'x' 'y' and 'z' buttons to cycle through the values for each.
6- Press the 'S' key again to leave config mode.

Note there are other useful things in this config, such as scale type (1um vs 5 um, etc), AND + direction.

Wish I had that option in my settings...

My version shows 3.02 when I turn it on. There is no counting sequence on mine. There is no inch dot parameter. :-(

Back