JMB fräsmaschine , myford ML7 lathe, Ro-sa precision drill press, Unimat MK-IIB lathe.

alihureiby

Registered
Registered
Hello

I need some question and advice to restoration old tools.

if you familiar with one of the machines below, that would be helpfull to me, (german for JMB , and italian for ro-sa drill press)

1. myford ML7 lathe (made in england)
lovely lathe, the tailstock was sooo nice and sturdy, i have question about this lathe, when i bought this lathe, i got what it has on it, so i the gears was uncomplete, can anyone notice what size gear that i need? , and there's cut on spindle thread, is that oke or i need to replace it and bought the new one ( 300 pounds that's expensive) from myford.co.uk. and the last question is about, is that imperial or metric hex screw that used in myford lathe?

2. JMB fräsmaschine (made in W. germany)
JMB fräsmaschine / JMB universal milling machine. when i bought this machine, there's nothing in internet about this machine in english, it so i contact Tony from lathes.co.uk to add thread about this machine. if everyone in here know anything about this, that would be nice. AND THERE's SMALL CHUNK on the cast iron body, anybody know anything about cast iron weld? if everyone have this machine, just curious about the weight of vertical attachment.

3. Unimat MK-IIB lathe (made in Austria)
that's one of rare of unimat lathe, with full cast iron base and body. i think i need to replace the steel rod.

4. Ro-Sa micro drill press (made in Italy)
it's same with JMB fräsmaschine, it's hard to find information about this machine, i have google it with "micromeccanica microtrapano RC" and it take me to orologiko.it , one of the italian wathcmaker forum, i can't access it, so if everyone here is italian, that would be helpfull for me. i dont know the taper of that , i do confused with JT1 and B10.
http://www.nielsmachines.com/en/sold-ro-sa-sensitive-precision-drilling-machine-f.html

and the right corner was machine that used for jevelery stuff, i plan to make surface grinder with that and use LM motion guide for table. So this is it, as long as i know, German and austrian use metric screw, and i'm not sure about italian and england?

best regards
Ali

DSC03156.JPG

DSC03158.JPG

DSC03160.JPG

DSC03162.JPG

DSC03163.JPG

DSC03166.JPG

DSC03167.JPG

DSC03168.JPG

DSC03170.JPG

mellert(2).JPG

micromeccanica.jpg

micromeccanica.jpg

unimat.MK-IIB.jpg

You have some nice machines Ali. Here's the RoSa ad:

Rosa4.jpg

It looks like the image quality is reduced and may be hard to read. If you send me a PM with your email address I will email a better version.

thank you, i was search about Ro-sa information.
do you have other ro-sa ad ? as i know, there's 3 model of it. and the cover.

thanks a lot.

is that from orologiko.it forum (italian forum) .

Hi Ali- The Unimat is missing motor and drive pulley, you will have to improvise something to make it usable
The Myford looks good, you will need the change gears to cut threads, they are expensive
Mark

Hi Ali- The Unimat is missing motor and drive pulley, you will have to improvise something to make it usable
The Myford looks good, you will need the change gears to cut threads, they are expensive
Mark

yes, correct, i bought unimat lathe for colection purposes, i just love to see this lathe. I love desktop size lathe. hopefully i will get manson lathe with reasonable price in the future.

indeed, the myford.co.uk uses pounds, it was unlucky for me because the pounds was the most high rates to my country curency.
i'm thinking about using chinese mini lathe metal gear set, need some research in the future. if not, i will go to the shop around my city to make the gear for myford lathe.

Back