JMD-18 (RF-30/RF-31) Upgrades

In order to purchase the 3 scale kit, you have to select the appropriate ship location (If in the US, you need to pick ships from China), then select the kit you want kit below. The title of the product will tell you if you selected the 3 scale kit. Good luck on the security issue. Might have to call your bank or CC to allow the purchase.

View attachment 337808

Ok, I got all the way to the checkout finally. Now the only problem is there seems not to be any place to enter the length of scales that I need. I have see where someone said you only enter these lengths after ordering but I am loath to hit the pay part until I enter all my info. Anyone have more info?

Ok, I got all the way to the checkout finally. Now the only problem is there seems not to be any place to enter the length of scales that I need. I have see where someone said you only enter these lengths after ordering but I am loath to hit the pay part until I enter all my info. Anyone have more info?
If I recall correctly they contact you to get measurements.

When you select "buy from from this seller" the next page allows you to leave a message. Add your lengths, scale sizes (normal or slim) and scale resolution to the text box. I ordered the slim scales and the 1um resolution (about $50USD more), so my message contained the following:

YH800-3 Big LCD DRO Slim Scales (20mmx29mm) 1u Resolution 150mm (length) 200mm (length) 600mm Please provide updated cost for slim scales and 1u resolution prior to processing order.

Once you submit, you will still have a chance to confirm with the seller the details before paying.

1600861158968.png

Remember to check your overall length vs travel. 145mm different if I recall on mine. Be very clear what you are referring to.
Love my DRO on my RF30, and the VFD is well worthwhile. I haven't changed belt speeds since I put it on

I finally got mine ordered but what a WEIRD way to make a web site.

I am installing my dro unit now and am having problems with the mounting holes on the back of the pick ups. It seems that some of the holes will not accept the screws as supplied due to fouling. I have purchased a 4mm tap, but apparently it is of the wrong pitch and will not work. Have any of you Chinese dro users have had that problem and know what kind of tap works?

I don't recall having any issues with the hardware or the encoder/scale mounting provisions. I would match the tap to the hardware pitch. I can't recall but I think it's all fine thread.

Actually it's M4 - 74. I had to drive 200 miles to find this out!

Just wanted to thank you for this post. Best out there. Used a similar DRO on my old JMD-18PF but with standard scales. Z axis was a bit tight. Chose to reinforce the vertical stability of both the scale and the head. On the Y axis I wanted the scale as far out of the crud stream as possible so I mounted it low and move the head. The lathe is next but I'm going with a slim magnetic on the cross slide.
DRO-MonitorLeftSide-sm.jpg
DRO-Zaxis-1-sm.jpg
DRO-Zaxis-2--sm.jpg
DRO-Yaxis-1-sm.jpg

Back