JMD-18 speed adjustment

genewiseman

Registered
Registered
I just got my JMD-18 mill set up and running. I got it a few years ago from another knife maker who upgraded to a knee mill. I had to replace the table nut and have a set of collets coming in the mail tomorrow. My problem is that the mill is missing the top cover and I have read that that is where the diagram is located that gives you the rpm's for your different belt configurations.Does anyone know how I could get one of those diagrams? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!
Gene

Hi Gene and welcome to the forum.

Although I can't help with this specific issue if nobody comes back with a photo you could try contacting Jet. Just a thought but they are still in business.

Cheers,

john

#79 in the parts diagram, p/n JMD18-SC, Spindle Speed Chart. Looks like it's discontinued though. The JMD-18 is basically a RF-31 so if you get a chart from any RF-31 the speeds may be same/similar unless Jet altered the pulley sizes on their version. You could get an optical tachometer to verify. They're cheap now a days, even HF sells em.

Edit: Mike beat me to it. :encourage:

You're welcome, Gene. Good enough to get you in the ballpark and you will adjust to the cut anyway so it should work okay.

Back