John Deere 1B Corn Sheller

Turbinedoctor

Active User
Registered
Any of you ever restored a John Deere corn sheller. I have one I am wanting to restore and have started my research for information. All of my parts appear to be usable and it does work. I am looking for paint and logo details. I am finding that there is a John Deere Classic Green but I am not sure if that is what would have been used on these or not. I did find images for the logos that were used during that time frame but don't know where they would be placed on it.

Any help would be great.

Durwood

Any of you ever restored a John Deere corn sheller. I have one I am wanting to restore and have started my research for information. All of my parts appear to be usable and it does work. I am looking for paint and logo details. I am finding that there is a John Deere Classic Green but I am not sure if that is what would have been used on these or not. I did find images for the logos that were used during that time frame but don't know where they would be placed on it.

Any help would be great.

Durwood

I found this PDF online about its history; https://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/Corporate/fans_visitors/publications/plowshare_issue21.pdf. Try your local John Deer dealer for paint and sources for decals. If they can't help contact Deer directly they surely have list of collectors and clubs to help you.

Sure beats the old had crank sheller my grandfather had mounted on his feed box. Does yours have a flywheel so you can use a flat belt and a stationary engine? There is a YouTube video of a newer model in action.

Hope to see photos of the finished project.

Thanks for that link Bill. I did see that and it does give the location for the emblem on that side but I am not sure about the other side. I am going to assume that there is one there too. I have contacted John Deere archives department and they are sending me some photo copies. They are not about the paint or decals but other things I might be interested in. I can't wait to see what it is. Took lots of pictures of mine as it sits before tearing into it so I can look back as I go. I do know that mine is the earlier patent number that has silver sides with John Deere written in red. Since mine is passed down through the family I know it has not been changed from original yet.

Mine does not have the flat belt pulley attachment, slide chute or even the basket holder. I may try to make one from some other pictures that do have one.

I hope to post more as I go along through this project and even take videos.

Back