John Deere 2010

Michaeljp86

Active User
Registered
Heres some pictures of the JD 2010 Im working on.

DSCI1148.jpg
DSCI1147.jpg
DSCI1152.jpg
DSCI1168.jpg

I worked on loader hydraulics today.

DSCI1208_zps2afd21c5.jpg

DSCI1148.jpg

DSCI1147.jpg

DSCI1152.jpg

DSCI1168.jpg

DSCI1208_zps2afd21c5.jpg

Looks like a good start to having it mobile again. My former neighbor purchased a 2020 brand new back in 1966 (iirc). That's the newest tractor he has. He's 91, still farms and other than plowing and baling, uses one of his many model B's for other farm work.

I rebuilt the hydraulic cylinders and the loader is all painted and ready to go on but I want to change the hydraulic oil first. When I got it home I drained the transmission and rear end and there was water in it. I filtered the oil and dumped it back in and flushed everything out. Now its time for some new stuff.

There was lots of water in the hydraulic system, I pulled the filter tonight, it was half covered in ice.

DSCI1242_zps79280b4b.jpgDSCI1243_zps6c1aa8ef.jpg

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you will be getting a new filter?

Or is that one that can be weashed and reused?

How do you plan on cleaning the hyd. system?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you will be getting a new filter?

Or is that one that can be weashed and reused?

How do you plan on cleaning the hyd. system?

The John Deere dealer wanted $148 for a new one, I found out you can clean them out. I cleaned it in the parts washer and blew it out from the inside out.

When I got it home I drained gallons of water out. It sat for years outside so I drained it right away. Once the oil started coming out I captured that in a bucket and put it back in to try and flush any more water out. Then I let it sit for months and let the water settle down to see how much I got, I bet I had a gallon more of water.

The other day I drained my other tractor that had good clean oil in it, I put that in the JD to flush out whatever else is left and then ill put new in both tractors.

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a pretty good handle on it but do you ever get that feeling that there just might be a little more?

Not enough to hurt anything, just enough to bug you from time to time.

Back