John deere 265

Here is a pic, took about an hour to hammer through clay and rock. This thing is a beast. The garden is about three times as big as you see in the pic.

lanham

image.jpg

Glad to see you have the Deere and tiller working, Lanham. Looks a lot like my STX38. Wish I could find a deal on a tiller like you found. Got 2 feet of rich, black topsoil here, no rocks. Growing lots of berries and the STX is mowing 2 acres at least once a week.

Tom

Tom,

I feel lucky to have found it at that price, I looked for 6 months on Craigslist and most people wanted 1500.00 for the tiller.

Lanham

you could add a 1 inch bar to both sides of the tiller on the top and then you could add
some extra weight to the down force of the tiller in action .

1 of U

1of u,

when the tiller was running backwards I thought that weight was the problem and was going to do as you suggest then found and fixed the problem. Now this thing will rip through rock, clay and tree trunks like crazy. I am very impressed and see why they cost so much money.

lanham

Does Deere offer floats? We got 5" of rain last night. Local fields look like rice paddies and lakes. Maybe our severe drought is over now.

Tom

Im in hillbilly heaven, was stuck all the time on the five acre hill I bought with all the rain we have been getting lately so I mounted the extra tires I got with the deere. I don't get stuck any more. I did a real hatchet job on the wheel wells that I will fix later.

Lanham

Why are my pics always upside down?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I thought you were just being considerate of our Aussie brothers. :rofl:

Tom

Robert, the pic is upside down because that is how you posted it. Here is a corrected one so we don't have to stand on our heads. Nice Deere! And great mod. Thanks for posting.

image.jpg

Back