John Deere F935 rebuild

Awesome work Greg, You not only have a well equipped metal fab & machine shop, but an impressive wood working shop evident from past posts. Your ability to produce the quality work you do shows years of hard practice. Well rounded craftsman indeed. Kudos man!

Paco
Well said & I couldn’t agree more, Paco.

Don’t let him fool you though….last time I was at Greg’s place he told me he came here from out west, but I’m now starting to seriously think that he meant “west of our solar system” & his Mothership planted him on this rock to teach us “inferior humans” how it’s done…lol. It boggles my mind what the man can do :eek 2:.

All kidding aside, awesome work yet again, Greg. You should now be able to clear your driveway in about the same amount of time it takes me to tie my boots up & find the shovel!

Seams we lost yesterday.
Welded up the blower assembly. Wanted to check balance so mounted it on a shaft with center drilled holes and spun it by hand on the lathe. Seamed to stop at a different spot each time so guess its close.
Added a lathe dog and set screw and spun it up. Couldn't detect any vibration at 1000 rpm but the lathe is a lot heavier than the blower will be.
IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

Today we made the shaft for it. A female splined coupling will drive the auger gearbox off the end of the blower shaft, The spline was cut in three passes. First down the center with a 3/16th endmill, then the shaft was rotated 14.4 degrees and offset to give the shoulder the correct angle. Then the other way.

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3993.jpg

A couple of keyways for the blower and drive end,

IMG_3994.jpg

Greg

Just fixed it Jeff, wouldn't work from Google so added it to You Tube. Sorry.

Greg

Back