Johnson model b band saw manual

pagedw

Registered
Registered
Hello home shop machinists,
Does anyone know where i can obtain a .pdf for the subject cut-off band saw?
My search revealed a J model manual but looks substantially different than my B model.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
dpage

I believe someone on here restored one a couple years back. Search on here. Johnson Model B Band Saw Rebuild. I am not sure how to put the link on. He may have a manual
Cheers
Martin

Choiliefan, thanks very much, did a search for my saw there, but must have used the wrong key words.
It appears to be about the same. Mine is dry (no coolant) and the name tag just lists it as a plain" Model B". Wondering if the 3 models listed which all have model nos. ending in W, means wet?
Anyway i think most of what i see so far on the important stuff seems the same. The blade guide support seem to be the same.
THANKS AGAIN, highly appreciated.

d page

Attachments

• DSC06365.JPG
    DSC06365.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 3
Ooops, my statement ref. the model number is wrong. only one of the manuals covered models ends in a W!
Not sure the difference between the BD, BW & MB are, maybe the manual will tell.
Thanks again Choiliefan!

d page

I have one of these saws and love it.
Mine's the wet model (the mechanical pump is a great feature) but can't read the tag for the exact model.
I believe the M is for mobile, W for wet, D for dry.

being wet seems a great advantage in blade life, but i can use some manually applied oil or other lube i suppose.
think you are correct on the models, seems to be consistent with what i can glean from the manual.
Does your saw have the double round bars to support the guides over their range of travel?
Mine unfortunately has the ones that run on the edge of the frame.

do you know if parts are still available for these saws from Dake?

Thanks for you time and help!

Yeah, mine has the double bars.
Is your saw in running condition?

i think so, except for guide bearings replacement, and repairing the broken linkage between the shut-off bar & off switch, and ordering a new blade.
Bearings ordered and a bolt replacement should get the linkage fixed. Then see if i can adjust it to cut straight.
Do you have a preferred place to order quality blades without getting scalped?

Thanks
d page

No help with the blade supplier.
I have a band saw welder and rolls of the stuff so life is good.
Get bi-metal blades if you can for longer life than the basic carbon ones provide.

Back