[Read!] June 1 - Discontinuing "Groups" Add-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
As we continuously improve the site and its features - those plans do not always include additions of features. Sometimes, we need to cleave some features or inactive functions on the site.

The Groups feature is available for donating members. It is intended to allow for members to coalesce into groups by region, interest or topic. The add-on has been activated for many years, while there are many groups and members within those groups, there is practically no member activity. Because of the low activity, we haven't put a lot of time into supporting the add-on with updates. This is partially an issue with the add-on itself it is very buggy.

With that said, we have put quite a bit of effort in prompting activity into Groups over the past year and haven't seen really any activity due to that effort. In addition, the vast majority of our server errors which can affect performance on the site and our server space are primarily due to the Groups add-on.

We will be discontinuing the Groups add-on feature as of June 1. If your group has photos in the groups that you would like to preserve, please visit the group and download the photos. If you need assistance please PM me.

Bryan

Also, if there are any equipment manuals. parts lists, etc. in any of the Groups that are not already in Downloads, please either add them to the appropriate folder in Downloads or notify me by a PM to wa5cab .

Also, if there are any equipment manuals. parts lists, etc. in any of the Groups that are not already in Downloads, please either add them to the appropriate folder in Downloads or notify me by a PM to wa5cab .

Good call. I’ll be on the lookout for those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record, I received no requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back