[4]

Junk Art By Ulma Doctor

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Question is their a way to weld like a normal chain in a straight line or shape by just putting current through it? kind of like spot welding each contact point without filler. Or like heavy duty grilles with 1/4 round as the grate.
you sure could weld all the links together by sending enough current through them ( over 200 + amps)
i just lay the chain into the shape i want and then weld one side where the links meet ;)

Superburban

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Junk art. All that stuff in my yard, that me neighbors say is junk, and I keep telling them its art. :eagerness:

kvt

Active User
That looks great. Around here you could sell it with little problems (except time at flea markets).

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Mike, I know for sure that all my artistic taste is in my mouth. Yours comes from your soul.
i wish i could say that i'm talented or i have an eye for art, but the truth is that i'm a complete hack.
i have seen truly artistic things and have made (goofy and simplistic) attempts at reproducing them in my own way.
thank you for your support, and your kind words
Junk art. All that stuff in my yard, that me neighbors say is junk, and I keep telling them its art. :eagerness:
LOL, that's funny, i'll keep the phrase in my back pocket for use later!
That looks great. Around here you could sell it with little problems (except time at flea markets).
thanks KVT!!! :grin:
i have considered selling some custom made trinkets, to fund further abominations.
but i have given away more junk art than i have sold, to family, and friends.

i think that money taints art , that's why i'm reluctant to open an ETSY account.
but sharing simple things with others (and getting paid for it) is appealing ;)

Jubil

Wow! Some folks minds are full of beautiful things, great creativity and imagination. Thanks for posting.
Chuck

mattthemuppet2

so that's what you've been doing! I've missed you - been meaning to email but life gets in the way. I love all of it. You should come check out my "local" scrap yard, you'd be in heaven :)

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
so that's what you've been doing! I've missed you - been meaning to email but life gets in the way. I love all of it. You should come check out my "local" scrap yard, you'd be in heaven :)
thank you very much!!!
Nice to hear from you again Matt! i have missed you too.
i understand the life getting in the way thing, it happens all too often! :(
i hope things are going well.
i have been getting a lot of junk from friends to make into art pieces.
i'm having a blast making up this crap

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Wow! Some folks minds are full of beautiful things, great creativity and imagination. Thanks for posting.
Chuck
than you Chuck!
i'm happy you enjoy the junk art

tjb

Terry
Nice work! How did you come by all the horseshoes? (Years back, I trained professionally, so I always had old shoes lying around. Wish I had them back.)

Been wondering where you've been. Your posts were always helpful and thought provoking. Glad you're back.

Regards,
Terry

BFHammer

Very creative and lots of fun. They’re all great but my favorites are the dog, the spiders, the fish and of course the lovely lady!
Thanks for sharing and keep that creative buzz going!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Nice work! How did you come by all the horseshoes? (Years back, I trained professionally, so I always had old shoes lying around. Wish I had them back.)
Been wondering where you've been. Your posts were always helpful and thought provoking. Glad you're back.
Regards,
Terry
Thank you Terry,
i got the horseshoes from friends who graciously donated them after seeing what i do with them
i'm happy to be back! thanks for looking and commenting :grin:
Very creative and lots of fun. They’re all great but my favorites are the dog, the spiders, the fish and of course the lovely lady!
Thanks for sharing and keep that creative buzz going!
Thank you very much BF!
the art comes from cool stuff i have seen and copied(poorly)
but i have a lot of fun doing it ;)

middle.road

Actively Learning...
Do NOT let my BetterHalf see any of this, I have a hard enough time weed-eating around what she already has out. :grin:
(although I must admit, I want a spider...)

PS: where in the devil do you find the time?

ch2co

Grumpy Old Man
Incredibly imaginative and so well executed! You sir are a marvelous artist. Keep it up, I love it.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
i have arachnophobia
thanks westsailpat!!

Do NOT let my BetterHalf see any of this, I have a hard enough time weed-eating around what she already has out. :grin:
(although I must admit, I want a spider...)
PS: where in the devil do you find the time?
Thank you Dan,
i'll see what i can do about a spider for you!
i usually run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, so i do this kinda stuff to relax and use different parts of my pee brain ;)

Incredibly imaginative and so well executed! You sir are a marvelous artist. Keep it up, I love it.
thank you Chuck,
i wish i was imaginative, but truth be known, i saw a similar piece and merely copied the idea.

my abomination looks different than the original.
i had to insert my own interpretation to feel good about plagiarizing the work
but , it was fun to make :grin:

Last edited:

middle.road

Actively Learning...
Honey found this one at an estate sale awhile back. It's the only mutt in the household that will listen to me...
1119181642.jpg

middle.road

Actively Learning...
/me thinks it's time for Doc to up his game.
(shipping is a whole 'nother matter... wish I was closer.)

The 2nd chain from the left is the timing chain out of 6.0L Chevy. (I should have laid a scale next to them...)
1542755452494.png

HarryJM

HarryJM

I admire your creativity!
There is a member (Daswulf) on the I Forge Iron forum that does some interesting yard art and below is just an example. I usually browse through the “what did you do in the shop today” while waiting in docs office, etc and he obviously is very creative and maybe a muse for your creativity.

Check out his spiders close to the bottom of the below link.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/49549-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-today/?page=226

Last edited:

PHPaul

Registered
I dabble in such things myself.

I love the horse-shoe crab! Appeals to my warped sense of humor. The rooster is very nice too, I may have to do a version of that.

I particularly like the stuff with the brazed joints. The contrast between the brass and the steel really sets them off.

I hope you don't mind if I steal a couple of your ideas.

westerner

If you are gonna be stupid, ya gotta be TOUGH!
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
The candleholders are simply fantastic. The body language of contemplation while staring at the fire is striking. If my wife sees em, I will be shamelessly attempting to replicate. I wont get close, of course, but it will be fun nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
I admire your creativity!
There is a member (Daswulf) on the I Forge Iron forum that does some interesting yard art and below is just an example. I usually browse through the “what did you do in the shop today” while waiting in docs office, etc and he obviously is very creative and maybe a muse for your creativity.

Check out his spiders close to the bottom of the below link.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/49549-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-today/?page=226
thanks for the kind words and thanks for the link! :cool:

I dabble in such things myself.
I love the horse-shoe crab! Appeals to my warped sense of humor. The rooster is very nice too, I may have to do a version of that.
I particularly like the stuff with the brazed joints. The contrast between the brass and the steel really sets them off.
I hope you don't mind if I steal a couple of your ideas.
Thank you very much Paul.
i like the color contrast between the brazing and the base metal too!
i hope you have fun making your creations, like i did. :grin:
The candleholders are simply fantastic. The body language of contemplation while staring at the fire is striking. If my wife sees em, I will be shamelessly attempting to replicate. I wont get close, of course, but it will be fun nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!
thank you!!!
i hope you too have fun in making your creations
i'd sure like to see them! :big grin:

C-Bag

Ned Ludd's bro
Great stuff Doc! I love art that surprises me. Sometimes it was recognizing the material before the object, sometimes the object then the material. Then getting the feel of contemplating the flame, that's tough, but to have that come off in a pic. Wow. Thanks for posting.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Thanks C-Bag!!!
One day i hope to become good at this stuff!
I’m having fun so that’s good for now

[5] [7]