Junk Art By Ulma Doctor

Good ones Doc. The best part for me is how you can take a piece of tubing and somehow make it reflect the animate. Plays with my pattern recognition in funny ways.

thanks for sharing.

Very creative!

There is something Picasso-esque about Reginald.

-brino
thanks brino!
i can say that he is 100% original, i didn't copy him form something else.

Good ones Doc. The best part for me is how you can take a piece of tubing and somehow make it reflect the animate. Plays with my pattern recognition in funny ways.

thanks for sharing.

thanks Tony!
our brains are funny creatures, we can see stuff that isn't there and compare it!

Wonderfully creative, and delightfully humorous!
As for seeing stuff ... I recall something said by (I think) a sculptor, who was stated that the statue was there inside the granite all the time, and all he did was remove those parts that weren't the statue.

Here is the latest abomination, i made it as a gift for one of the boys at the shop.

may i introduce you to Billy the Grazing Bull Calf

IMG_4684.jpgIMG_4683.jpg

the head is a roadside find square nosed shovel, sans handle
the eyes were cut from garage door torsion spring, the horns are a bisected Clydesdale horseshoe
the skeleton ears were cut from a bicycle sprocket, nostrils are fender washers
the stainless legs are roadside find Bully footsteps, sans the attachment mechanisms
1618171387027.png
the backbone is a roadside find 1.5"x1.5"x22"x.250" angle iron, notched to receive Bully legs
the tail is welded 1/8" chain
the very small rear support legs are 1/8"x1/2"x14"
all welding was performed SMAW(stick) with 1/8" E6011 (ran DC+) and 3/32" E309L to attach the stainless legs to the angle iron backbone

thanks for looking!

made from 99% reclaimed food processing equipment parts, a horseshoe, sheet metal drops, a hunk of railroad iron, old nuts (2 new screws were used to attach part of the assembly to the backplate)

Here is the latest original creation,
Perseus the (junk) Deer

IMG_4833.jpgIMG_4834.jpg

dimensions are roughly 18"x18"

as always thanks for looking!

You've definitely got the gift for that, Mike. I'm way too stiff to pull it off. :encourage:

made from 99% reclaimed food processing equipment parts, a horseshoe, sheet metal drops, a hunk of railroad iron, old nuts (2 new screws were used to attach part of the assembly to the backplate)

Here is the latest original creation,
Perseus the (junk) Deer

View attachment 379809View attachment 379810

dimensions are roughly 18"x18"

as always thanks for looking!
now that would not creep me out over the mantle!

Good one Doc!
(my only problem would be some of the parts I'd have a hard time not keeping for engineering projects)

now that would not creep me out over the mantle!

Good one Doc!
(my only problem would be some of the parts I'd have a hard time not keeping for engineering projects)
You've definitely got the gift for that, Mike. I'm way too stiff to pull it off. :encourage:

Thank you both very much much.
i'm happy that you like them!

i have waaaay too much inventory of junk reclaimed from retrofits and other means.
i try to reclaim as much as possible.
i sometimes see an animal or other abomination trapped within another form that must be freed
the material is nearly free to me, so i have little qualm in converting treasure to junk art

Back