Junk Art By Ulma Doctor

Those are great fun! I've never been much of an artist, but I enjoy seeing other people make fun stuff.

Very nice work. Their is a hub at our local flea market that makes some spectacular stuff from scrap parts. Talking with my friend one time about all the stuff the guy must have. Then the creativity and vision to take a bunch of useless stuff configure it in such a way that it’s a recognizable piece of art that people enjoy and buy. Every time I see him he has people all around probably makes a good mint of them.
I also hoard a lot of cool scrap and have made some cool pieces but mostly from engines and I can’t seem to sell them which I’ve had acouple offers. I like them to much and you definately would never find another one.
Great job and imagination :encourage:

Welcome back Doc. I like them all.
it's funny once you get the metal art bug ,every piece of metal scrap appear differently in one's eyes, I.E. Sprockets can in fact look like tractor wheels.
Keep it up.

Like them all! That's a good way to clean up unused scrap, and the wife's silverware drawer

Welcome back!!!
Those are all pretty cool!
Absolutely love 'em all ... but especially the first three photos. The dog and rooster really "sing" to me, and the third photo gives a whole new meaning to the term "horseshoe crab" :)

Good to see you back!
I like all of them. Welcome back.
Hey Mike, good to see you posting here again. And those are some nice looking sculptures!
Cool stuff Mike. A good friend of mine is really into the yard art. You guys would get along well. Unfortunately, I was at the back of the line when they were handing out imagination and artistic talent.

Ted
X 10, great to see you back. We're going to have to get you a beret. Cheers, Mike
Those are great fun! I've never been much of an artist, but I enjoy seeing other people make fun stuff.
Very nice work. Their is a hub at our local flea market that makes some spectacular stuff from scrap parts. Talking with my friend one time about all the stuff the guy must have. Then the creativity and vision to take a bunch of useless stuff configure it in such a way that it’s a recognizable piece of art that people enjoy and buy. Every time I see him he has people all around probably makes a good mint of them.
I also hoard a lot of cool scrap and have made some cool pieces but mostly from engines and I can’t seem to sell them which I’ve had acouple offers. I like them to much and you definately would never find another one.
Great job and imagination :encourage:
Welcome back Doc. I like them all.
it's funny once you get the metal art bug ,every piece of metal scrap appear differently in one's eyes, I.E. Sprockets can in fact look like tractor wheels.
Keep it up.

Than all you guys for your kind words.
i have a lot of fun making this junk art.
the abstract thinking appeals to me due to the fact that i don't unusually use that part of my pee brain
i really appreciate all the comments
thanks guys!!!:grin:

Question is their a way to weld like a normal chain in a straight line or shape by just putting current through it? kind of like spot welding each contact point without filler. Or like heavy duty grilles with 1/4 round as the grate.

Great to see you back Mike! And great art! Keep it up!

Good that you're back!

Art is one part inspiration and 9 parts abomination?o_O Actually, it all looks like a great amount of creative fun!
Keep it coming!

Back