Junk Art By Ulma Doctor

/me thinks it's time for Doc to up his game.
(shipping is a whole 'nother matter... wish I was closer.)

The 2nd chain from the left is the timing chain out of 6.0L Chevy. (I should have laid a scale next to them...)
1542755452494.png

I admire your creativity!
There is a member (Daswulf) on the I Forge Iron forum that does some interesting yard art and below is just an example. I usually browse through the “what did you do in the shop today” while waiting in docs office, etc and he obviously is very creative and maybe a muse for your creativity.

Check out his spiders close to the bottom of the below link.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/49549-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-today/?page=226

Last edited:
I dabble in such things myself.

I love the horse-shoe crab! Appeals to my warped sense of humor. The rooster is very nice too, I may have to do a version of that.

I particularly like the stuff with the brazed joints. The contrast between the brass and the steel really sets them off.

I hope you don't mind if I steal a couple of your ideas.

The candleholders are simply fantastic. The body language of contemplation while staring at the fire is striking. If my wife sees em, I will be shamelessly attempting to replicate. I wont get close, of course, but it will be fun nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!

I admire your creativity!
There is a member (Daswulf) on the I Forge Iron forum that does some interesting yard art and below is just an example. I usually browse through the “what did you do in the shop today” while waiting in docs office, etc and he obviously is very creative and maybe a muse for your creativity.

Check out his spiders close to the bottom of the below link.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/49549-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-today/?page=226

thanks for the kind words and thanks for the link! :cool:

I dabble in such things myself.
I love the horse-shoe crab! Appeals to my warped sense of humor. The rooster is very nice too, I may have to do a version of that.
I particularly like the stuff with the brazed joints. The contrast between the brass and the steel really sets them off.
I hope you don't mind if I steal a couple of your ideas.
Thank you very much Paul.
i like the color contrast between the brazing and the base metal too!
i hope you have fun making your creations, like i did. :grin:
The candleholders are simply fantastic. The body language of contemplation while staring at the fire is striking. If my wife sees em, I will be shamelessly attempting to replicate. I wont get close, of course, but it will be fun nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!
thank you!!!
i hope you too have fun in making your creations
i'd sure like to see them! :big grin:

Great stuff Doc! I love art that surprises me. Sometimes it was recognizing the material before the object, sometimes the object then the material. Then getting the feel of contemplating the flame, that's tough, but to have that come off in a pic. Wow. Thanks for posting.

Back