Junk Art By Ulma Doctor

Good? It's your enthusiasm that's important IMHO. And that comes across. I also LOVE taking "junk" and re purposing it. Whether it's into art or making a tool or machine out of it. I hate throwing anything away that has value so seeing a worn out chain made into a scorpion or worn sprockets made into a wheel on a little tractor just does my heart good.

Back in the 70's when I was a farm mech I had to replace the gears on an old BEEGEE hyd pump. They were HUGE and heavy but I just couldn't toss them. I also had to replace the wheel bearings on the dump truck and had the races still. I ended up making the gears as the "body" and the races the base and top and turning it into a bedside lamp for my dad. They had to leave it behind when they moved but it made a cool lamp. But talk about heavy.........

Hello lades, gentleman- it has been a minute since i had something worthy of posting.

today, i made a shameless copy from pictures acquired on the SVHM brotherhood.
while i can't claim originality, i think the art is really cool nonetheless, maybe you will too!

IMG_4225.jpg IMG_4226.jpg
IMG_4227.jpg

as always thanks for looking and commenting!

@Ulma Doctor

I hadn't seen this thread before. I especially liked (in reply #2) the insect made from a bent railroad spike + gate hinge + antennae on a rebar post.

It's so simple but captures the essence of bug so well. :clapping:

Now I have to go through the whole thread.

@Ulma Doctor

I hadn't seen this thread before. I especially liked (in reply #2) the insect made from a bent railroad spike + gate hinge + antennae on a rebar post.

It's so simple but captures the essence of bug so well. :clapping:

Now I have to go through the whole thread.
thank you very much!
i'm very happy you like the abominations!!! :grin:

Back