Junkyard find

dcheff

Active User
Registered
So i was dropping off a load of scrap today when i turned a corner, the clouds parted, the rains ceased, angels started singing. I saw a leblond regal 24" lathe sitting next to a giant pile of rubble. I went up to it and instantly knew it was going home with me. I am going back out tomorrow with tools to tear the machine down a bit to make sure the internals are still good. I am at least going to rehome this machine, but if it works better than my sidney then i will keep the leblond. I just couldnt leave this machine to be melted down. Just wanted to post since ive finally came into one of these deals im always jealous of
08cab4e2aa08b4a8173568d944e3e372.jpg

So i was dropping off a load of scrap today when i turned a corner, the clouds parted, the rains ceased, angels started singing. I saw a leblond regal 24" lathe sitting next to a giant pile of rubble. I went up to it and instantly knew it was going home with me. I am going back out tomorrow with tools to tear the machine down a bit to make sure the internals are still good. I am at least going to rehome this machine, but if it works better than my sidney then i will keep the leblond. I just couldnt leave this machine to be melted down. Just wanted to post since ive finally came into one of these deals im always jealous of
Holy ****! That thing is huge! You could fit the empire state building between those centers. I am so happy for you. That's a nice heep of metal. Some guys have all the luck. I had to shell out thousands for a Taiwanese lathe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Some people have all the luck.

Good job on the save!! I don't do lottos but am feeling lucky so maybe I will visit the scrappers today.

I hope the old girl turns out to be savable - it's such a pity to see great old iron like that going to the scrap yard.

Great find

Any chance we might know how much you paid for it?
My guess is that it weighs 10000 lbs. :)

Back