Junque find during shop re-org

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Found these today in my junque.
Anyone ever hear of 'DIESETCO in Indianapolis'? Has 'Continental - Pat' on the back.
I haven't found anything on the web for them at all. They look vaguely familiar.
Will need to make up some 'half-rounds'(?) hold-downs for them.

0418201818a__Rc.jpg
Some vintage taper shank drills...
0418202123__Rc.jpg

i'll bet you, if you were to drill a clearance hole in the appropriate size rod to act as a fulcrum point, and add a stud and nut-
those half moon thingamabobs could be formidable table clamps.

you can never have too many drills, AFAIK

Oh, man... Happens to me *all* the time.

While looking for something I just stumbled onto this follow rest:
IMG_3574.jpg

I was thinking it was from my very first lathe -- a sweet little Sheldon that I sold over 20 years ago. But, then I searched for those casting numbers (L4-396) and it appears to be for an Atlas / Craftsmen 12" lathe. WTH? I've never even had one of those...

The very next item on the shelf, as I worked my way to the back, was this:
IMG_3577.jpg
At least I remember this one. I got it thinking I'd put it on my dividing head many, many years ago. But, then I decided I'd rather have a four-jaw chuck on the dividing head so I got and mounted a really nice Kennedy 6" four jaw. Of course, I use the dividing head about once every two years so that chuck is virtually new, even after more than 20 years in the shop. And, this Rohm is darn near wore out from sitting on that shelf ever since the last century.

I need to create a shelf specifically for stuff I no longer use so I can group it all together.

Oh, wait... Maybe that's what that shelf is for!! ;-)

MK

Look like they could be from Destaco hold don clamps.

Back