Just a note about Sherline customer service

royesses

In Memory
Rest In Peace
Hey guys and gals. I ordered a fly cutter from Sherline and had a problem with it. Someone had put a gear cutter arbor in the bag that was labeled for a fly cutter. So they shipped the correct part number on the bag but it had a similar looking wrong tool in the bag. Any one could have made that mistake. I emailed them and they took care of it ASAP. They more than made up for the problem and did so with courtesy and speed. A truly honest and quality company. Very professional. The carbide left hand tools I ordered are the best sharpened I have ever seen. I have a drawer of brazed carbide lathe tools from many other sources that need to be re-ground to work at all. The Sherline tools are ready to go without touching them. The gear cutter is first class materials and workmanship. I will be ordering from them again. I learned when I was a foreman and service manager that my customers judged our company more by how well we corrected our mistakes than by how they did not have a problem. I always made the customer more than pleased with the correction and gained many new customers. With 52 bays and 25 mechanics working 2 shifts someone is going to make a mistake. I always took care of that and made the customer glad the mistake was made. Sherline treated me just like I did my customers. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy machines and tools.

Roy

Good to know that they took care of you. Sherline is a good company and they value their customers. They were even better when Joe Martin was alive.

My experiences with Sherline have been the same. Consistently genuine people that truly care. I enjoy doing business with them as often as my hobby budget allows.

~cheers

@royesses,

Thanks for posting this.
It is important to give credit where it is due.

I always took care of that and made the customer glad the mistake was made.
Although a strange concept and a little wierd to read, I understand what you mean.
It sounds like your former automotive shop would have been a trusted service centre with much repeat business.

-brino

@royesses,

Thanks for posting this.
It is important to give credit where it is due.

Although a strange concept and a little wierd to read, I understand what you mean.
It sounds like your former automotive shop would have been a trusted service centre with much repeat business.

-brino
Thanks Brino. Yes when I took over managing we had mechanics painting the walls and floors and doing janitorial work because there was no business to speak of. Within a month I had the shop full and customers waiting to get in. It was a Caterpillar diesel engine shop working on 18 wheelers. We did not have many costly mistakes, but enough that I knew I had to take care of the customers or loose them. I started out building generator sets up to 1.5 megawatts and repairing industrial and marine engines and switched over to the truck side. I always wanted to treat the customers the same way I wanted to be treated. It worked out well. We had customers writing letters about the great service they received. Our redo rate was in the hundredths of a percent. And many fleets put in orders for 30 or more new trucks with Cat engines. I think most of the guys in this forum would do the same.

Roy

Back