Just added a 101.21200 to my shop out west

OK. And what I can see of the spindle under where the cone pulley and small gear go loos much better than most. But I wonder why the Timken Cup came out with it? The cone should have come out but not the cup. Something hinky there.

Do you have any Kroil?
I’ve always found it to be super effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Kroil but don't have any here. Last I checked you had to mail order it directly, is that still the case?

John

OK. And what I can see of the spindle under where the cone pulley and small gear go loos much better than most. But I wonder why the Timken Cup came out with it? The cone should have come out but not the cup. Something hinky there.

It's a sealed bearing, NTN USA 6205.

John

As far as I know, yes. That's how I have always ordered it.

I like Kroil but don't have any here. Last I checked you had to mail order it directly, is that still the case?

John

I don’t know to be honest. I’ve had my can for ages and I don’t even remember where I got it... CRS syndrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duhhh! I saw 21200 and read it as 10200, sorry. Disregard those sentences.

No problem, I figure half of these conversations is to understand what's going on now and the other half is so people can look at it ten years on and figure out what they have....

Cheers,

John

OK. If you don't happen to know (or the person a decade from now doesn't), the 10200 and 10100 both have the same tapered roller bearings as did the 618 and 101.21400. The 101.21200 and 3950 are the only ball bearing spindle metal working lathes that Atlas built

Got her cleaned up today.

168E041C-CA7F-465F-83F3-4B9999A3540D.jpeg

Paint....

painted2.jpeg

Still struggling with this chuck though, 1/2" impact hasn't gotten it to budge:mad:

stuckchuck.jpeg

Back