Just another Electronic Amateur with some TreadMill questions

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My 1440 is down for repairs, so then I attempted to use the Logan and the old 1/2HP dual shaft Craftsman 'vintage' motor is really acting up.
With my score this weekend I now have (3) sets of treadmills laying around, and I'm trying to find a path to take.
And the current theme these past couple of months is that I'm having to attempt this with what materials I have on hand.
I've got these two boxes that I scrounged a while back and would like to know if the components would work.
These boxes have a 50K PEC Potentiometer in them, can I use them or are they the wrong size/type?
I read one thread that said 5K-100K is OK but I didn't see any details.
If they will work I want to gather all the pieces and parts I have and verify what works or doesn't as the case may be.
Thanks, _Dan
boxes_001.jpg....Boxes-Innards_001.jpg....POT_001.jpg

What were the boxes originally- are they speed controls? Got any specs on them? They look like nice boxes but maybe too small to fit a treadmill board in there
mark

What were the boxes originally- are they speed controls? Got any specs on them? They look like nice boxes but maybe too small to fit a treadmill board in there
mark
They controlled a sewer inspection crawler/camera for inspecting sewer lines with video.
They were proprietary of the company that made the whole turn-key system, trailer equipped.

Most folks use a 5-10K linear pot..

what was on the control panel of the 3 treadmills you got? What do their controller boards look like? I've done 3 treadmill motor conversions and love each one. I also have a couple of spare motors on the shelf and an MC60 ready to go for a belt sander that I'll get round to making one day :)

Reactions: Z2V
what was on the control panel of the 3 treadmills you got? What do their controller boards look like? I've done 3 treadmill motor conversions and love each one. I also have a couple of spare motors on the shelf and an MC60 ready to go for a belt sander that I'll get round to making one day :)
Here's the (3) panels. All the controllers are MC-60's. One might be toast. It was on one at a yard sale a year or so ago (for free) and had been rained on.
I tried cleaning it tonight. R38 looks to be snipped. Will have to test and find out.

1205182252b_r006.jpg...1205182252d_r008.jpg

1205182252_r004.jpg...1205182252a_r005.jpg

1205182250a_r002.jpg...1205182250b_r003.jpg

You have speed controls on 2 of your boards.1 slide.1 pot with knob..the pot is probably a 10k..

You have speed controls on 2 of your boards.1 slide.1 pot with knob..the pot is probably a 10k..
Thanks!
The slider is 'course' as all get out and mounts integrally to the plastic housing.
Going to try setting them up and check out my other two controller boards and motors.
Might have to move into the basement where it's a tad warmer than the shop at this time...

woohoo, you scored!!! As Lordbreezer said, the dial pot on one of the controls will be reuseable (what I've done before), and MC60s are the best option in my opinionn. Super robust and easy to set up. The R38 from memory is a soft start resistor or something like that, doesn't affect the control either way.

Check out my most recent build
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...r-a-grizzly-6x26-knee-mill.71453/#post-599445

I have pics of the others (DP and lathe) but the threads were lost on here some time ago.

Back