Just bought a ABC Bridgeport style mill.

zamboni2354

Registered
Registered
Hey guys,

I've been using a little Rockwell horizontal vertical combo Mill in my home shop for years. I went out to look at a metal lathe and ended up swinging a deal on this machine.

The lathe that I bought is Webb Takisawa. I know on that machine it was made by takisawa and imported under various names, Webb being one of them. Is that the case with this Mill? And if so, what should i Google to find more info and a manual? The person I purchased it from said that they bought the machines new and they would have the original paperwork. I'm hoping that they find the original Manuel before I go to pick it up this weekend.

Thanks

Jeff
874e1a67e4a450695c6d704c6e395aa5.jpg
ac2e9c74726b7691dec5a9cbef7dadcd.jpg
9fde07e7e1b1712d2e49d96342219d07.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hi Jeff, Bridgeport clones were given a multitude of different names- the factory that built yours may be out of business but you may still be able to find some compatible parts from HW machines: www.machinerypartsdepot.com
mark

Hi Jeff, Bridgeport clones were given a multitude of different names- the factory that built yours may be out of business but you may still be able to find some compatible parts from HW machines: www.machinerypartsdepot.com
mark
Thanks for the info!! Picked it up on Sunday! What a day..whew im still tired!

Attachments

• 1020191319a.jpg
    1020191319a.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 125
  • 1020191607_HDR.jpg
    1020191607_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 130
ABC is made by Index. Index is still in business. Parts likely fit similar models from Sharp, Acer, and the other BP clones from the last 30 years.

Drop trailers make a difference with moving heavy equipment. Looks like half a shop on her, nice haul.

Pontiac: interesting factoid about Index and ABC- were they actually made here or offshore and assembled here? I'm guessing probably the latter or they would have the Index name on them
M

Pontiac: interesting factoid about Index and ABC- were they actually made here or offshore and assembled here? I'm guessing probably the latter or they would have the Index name on them
M

That's my conclusion exactly. My gut says Taiwan, but if the machine's old enough it could also have been from Japan. Makes more sense that it's an offshore product line from Wells-Index rather than an acquisition. Of course, who's to say if the Index CNC company of today is even the same as Index of the 1980s. The nice part is that Index has a part locator service on their web site...

Back