Just bought a Clausing 8540 for $250!!

I'll say it right now - $250 for a working mill with tooling - Oh man, you REALLY suck! :)) Congrats! I had to pay more than that for a rusty round column mill drill that needed parts! Cast iron is like gold around here... (Kansas)

I've already paid the guy the $250, now it is just picking it up and seeing what I bought sight unseen.

He also has a surface grinder I might pick up while I'm there. He hasn't given me a price on it yet. I don't know who made it. Again, this is sight unseen.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a darn fine score and I truly hope you get plenty of enjoyment working with your new to you mill. The owners manuals are still available from Clausing and a woodworker site on Ebay. If you need his site I can look it up for you, but it will take a bit to find it. The quality of the reproduction manual is very good and quite crisp too.

Bob

What a deal! 250$ is money well spent. Did you get the surface grinder??

David

You lucky S.O..... never mind!!!

Great find! Keep us posted on your progress with it!

That is a darn fine score and I truly hope you get plenty of enjoyment working with your new to you mill. The owners manuals are still available from Clausing and a woodworker site on Ebay. If you need his site I can look it up for you, but it will take a bit to find it. The quality of the reproduction manual is very good and quite crisp too.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. The woodworker site would be good to have, but don't go out of your way.

David, the surface grinder was gone by the time I got there.

Thanks, everybody!

Fantastic find. Glad for you.
Guess those pictures make the You Suck official.

Bob

Bob, I finally found that woodworker site. The guy charges $30 for the Operators Manual, I think that is well worth it. I ordered it last night.

I also got a TECO 2HP VFD. I found some videos by Tubal Cain on installing it.

I just went on Ebay and checked out the price on tooling. I think the $250 I spent would only have bought the tooling, meaning effectively I got the mill for free!

Back