Just bought an old 1994 -12 X 36 Enco Lathe 110-2075

Did you get the metric change gears with your lathe? If so, I would be interested in some dimensions so I can make some for myself.

My new measuring tools got delivered, so maybe this weekend I can post the dimensions of them.

Soooo Mikey..

I emailed and got an answer for the Reilang Oilier I bought - R001, they said that model will not pump if heavily tilted and that I need Model R003 that will... Future Food for thought, lol I should have asked them before I ordered - I saw the two different models, I picked the wrong one.. Ohh well live and learn...

I ordered the R003 and tonight, they emailed and gave me free shipping on this one.. so all is good, Hope there are more gummy bears too:)

I didn't realize they had a model that didn't pump upside down - my bad. I apologize if I mislead you because both of mine do.

I didn't realize they had a model that didn't pump upside down - my bad. I apologize if I mislead you because both of mine do.

Its Murphy's law, No apologize necessary, I asked for suggestions and was pointed in the right direction.

Just figured you would want to know going forward, Here is the email I received from them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mike,

the situation is that this R001 oiler is not designed to be used in an upside down or heavily tilted position. That is what the double pump oiler R003 was designed for.

Maybe you can try to kind of start pumping and then tilt it, but that is probably rather messy.

Unfortunately the brass tube cannot be exchanged against any other one,

So yes, it looks as if you ordered the wrong oiler. I am very sorry about that.

If it helps I can give you a special price for a 200ml R003-253 of US$ 49.99 shipped.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/with best regards

Jens Putzier

Jens Putzier Tools
Am Kloster 67
42799 Leichlingen
Germany

email: info@jensputzier.com
webshop for tools www.jensputzier.com

Hello all...

So who wants to talk about CBN grinding wheels, The Pros & Cons for using them learn on and grind my own HSS cutting tools so I can start using my super sized Mini Lathe..?

I tried to search the forums to find info on these wheels... to my dismay the forum search engine removes the term CBN from my searches saying its too short or not a word basically, and shows me everything else.

I am currently researching grinders and looking for my next victim shop tool, so I can learn to make my own cutting tools, I have watched the required amount of videos on the subject, from MrPete, old tony and blondihacks along with a few others... most were easy to follow and clear in purpose of the angles needed to remove the chips while keeping enough meat under the contact surface to cut.

The videos along with my newly acquired paper back - How To Run A Lathe, which ill later rewrite and call How To Ruin A Lathe - by Mr Mike has I believe has given me enough info to try my hand at it... Seriously I think I got it, well maybe not but we will see.

Ok here is my thoughts about the cons side of CBN grinder wheels... It will add to the cost of what ever grinder I get by about an extra 150.00 bucks for a good 60/80 grit one with a thick 90 Deg corner on it, more if I get one a grit or two up to hone/debure the cutter.

From what Iv'e read, watched and talked about with the nice salesman at my local WW store today, Thats all the cons with all else being a positive over regular grinding wheels including safety across the board. Iv'e looked at all kinds of grinders and giude jigs, and I think I am ready to order This BuckTool Grinder and getting a Mega 1.5" sharp 90 wheel.

If anyone has a more well thought out suggestion by all means, please let me know, I would like to hear your thoughts... and what size HSS blanks I should start with... Oh ya it has to be HSS or I void the CBN warranty.. so I cant start with high carbon steel unless I dont use a CBN wheel.

Thank you..

I would suggest you email Ken at Woodturner's Wonders and talk to him about a Rikon grinder/CBN package and compare prices. Ken knows CBN wheels - good guy.

I was hoping to get some opinions on CBN vs Stone for shaping HSS lathe tooling... The WW from my post is WoodWorkers Emporium Here In Vegas, They are Big Turners too and sell Rikon Grinders with CBN wheels, Their salesman was trying to talk me into CBN as a sharpening system over Stone... Something seems fishy so I just thought I would get with people here about it. Thanks....

Hello People...

Ok I got the new Reilang Oilier delivered.. Here are the Pic's so you can see the diffrence between the R001 left and R003 on the right..

On the R001 the tip of oilier Nipple is .125 and the R003 .132 - Both fit the .138 ball oiliers on my lathe, but just barely. Ill do some testing when I get a chance and list some details,

NewOiler1.jpg
NewOiler2.jpg
NewOiler3.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw this thread now and you update too quickly - your questions have already been answered! :) Jens Putzier is great to deal with and a number of German/Euro companies include a small treat. I don't know why the Haribro bears are particularly popular (I've received them from at least 3 or 4 different companies over the years).

I have essentially the same lathe (Grizzly G4003G) so i'll watch this thread. My cliffs:

I use a simple fabric sheet to cover my lathe - really just to keep dust off of it. I use 4 strong magnets on the backsplash. Just flip the front side of the cover over the backsplash. I do have days with temp & humidity swings. No rusting issues.

If your castings are like mine, the tumbler oil holes (see pic) do not work. That cover comes off easily if you want to check yours. The holes in the cover to not line up with holes in the tumbler casting. It's also not a great design to begin with: oil will drip between the 2 pieces instead of continue into the tumbler casting.

Mine also leaks a little from at least one of the feed/speed handles and the carriage. You do want to watch this because it will seep into the e-stop / jog / power buttons.

Install a spring between the tailstock and bed clamp. It prevents the bed clamp from canting and binding when moving the tailstock back/forth.

I like using red for critical control knobs - easier to recognize quickly in an emergency and adds horsepower. This particular one came in a 3-pack. If your handle threads are M10 and you want one: shoot me a PM and I'll mail it over.

Nice work on cleaning up the chuck!

Attachments

• PXL_20201001_160027596.jpg
    PXL_20201001_160027596.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20201001_160112972.jpg
    PXL_20201001_160112972.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20201001_160305464.jpg
    PXL_20201001_160305464.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20201001_164109799.jpg