Just bought an old 1994 -12 X 36 Enco Lathe 110-2075

Those don't look too bad, most lathes leak at least some, I bought a 5 gallon bucket of oil from Tractor Supply which should last several oil changes and like a British car when it stops leaking check the oil....

My vote is to just start using it and not worry about a few leaks or scratched up data plates, it's really just a tool, so if you can make stuff then that's pretty much all you can ask of it.

I didn't even have the apron attached to the carriage when I made my first chips today ;)

John
Just for you, I faced some 1/2" Rebar this afternoon... After I put the 3 jaw back together I tested it to make sure the grease was working.

The new grease appears to be working fine... Now back to repairs,

ReadyFirstCut.jpg
FirstFaceCut.jpg

I bought the same lathe last year. It was in worse condition, and I paid more. Mine did come with a 5C collet closer and a bunch of collets though. I fixed my major oil leak in the headstock by replacing a seal. The other headstock leaks are minor, I just live with them. I do have a major leak in the carriage i have not fixed yet. I added a plywood back to the lathe and a drawer to hold the collets. Did you get the metric change gears with your lathe? If so, I would be interested in some dimensions so I can make some for myself. Here’s a picture: 6B3A9A5F-1DF1-459E-8D94-D63C1CC3C9E9.jpeg

I bought the same lathe last year. It was in worse condition, and I paid more. Mine did come with a 5C collet closer and a bunch of collets though. I fixed my major oil leak in the headstock by replacing a seal. The other headstock leaks are minor, I just live with them. I do have a major leak in the carriage i have not fixed yet. I added a plywood back to the lathe and a drawer to hold the collets. Did you get the metric change gears with your lathe? If so, I would be interested in some dimensions so I can make some for myself. Here’s a picture: View attachment 337069
Are you kidding yours looks like its the spitting image of mine right off my truck when I got it home... lol yours is worse.. then how come mine leaks every where., including the sight glass that is supposed to be a none removable item...

I like your Collet Holder, and you have the chip guard too, Mine just came with extra hieroglyphics all over the lathe and a ridiculously priced bison chuck...

I do have some gears in the box's and if their metric ill let you know, happy to help out.

OriginalLook.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the same lathe last year. It was in worse condition...
Are you kidding yours looks like its the spitting image of mine right of my truck when i got it home... lol yours is worse...

Haha, you guys are funny! :D This guy beats the both of you! I don't know him, just been seeing it on my IG feed. Not an Enco I don't think but pretty much the same lathe. He's overseas somewhere.

Screenshot_20200915-142113.jpgScreenshot_20200915-142047.jpg

Haha, you guys are funny! :D This guy beats the both of you! I don't know him, just been seeing it on my IG feed. Not an Enco I don't think but pretty much the same lathe. He's overseas somewhere.

View attachment 337074View attachment 337075
OMG stop.... My jaw muscles hurt from laughing..!
That makes ours look factory new compared to that, wholly molly ill never complain again for I have truly been blessed. That should be a sticky on the forums somewhere. That will shed light on anyone that thinks they own an ugly machine.

That must have been a fire damage... Wonder if it will still work..

:laughing:

Yes, he stated fire damage but says salvageable & really only needs the electrical replaced, rest is cosmetic. I sure hope so, looks like a lot of work. His profile says he's in Denmark. Here's his IG if you were interested in following his progress. Only 2 posts on it so far though.

leaks every where., including the sight glass that is supposed to be a none removable item...
Never saw a sight glass that was not removable. Mine are removable and one had to be reinstalled with some fresh caulking for it to stop leaking.

I unscrewed mine and replaced the “gasket” with an o-ring. Once I cleaned it I realized why so little oil come out when I drained it. It was stained:oops:

John

Did you get the metric change gears with your lathe? If so, I would be interested in some dimensions so I can make some for myself.
I found these in the tool box that matched the lathe color so I guess these are the metric threading gears that came with the lathe, Look these over and see if they are the metric ones you need to get measurements from - 1 says M 1.5 so these may be them... they were all wrapped in the factory wax paper... There is a z25.. z26.. z43.. z46.. z47.. z60.. I think they may be the metric ones your looking for... let me know.

gear3.jpg
gear1.jpg
gear2.jpg

Last edited:
Never saw a sight glass that was not removable. Mine are removable and one had to be reinstalled with some fresh caulking for it to stop leaking.
I do have much to learn about this machine, I certainly wasn't expecting to find a leak at the sight glass, who would have guessed.

Thanks for dropping in and checking on me, I obviously need all the help I can get...

Back