Just finished of a little table stand

Ed.

Active User
Registered
As I have been on a bit of a wood working phase lately, I thought that we needed a little table/stand to slide in between the couches. The missus and I like to have a glass of wine and nibbles on the weekend whilst watching a movie and it is always a pain to lean forward and back every time to the coffee table when you want to get a nibble or put the glass down. Maybe I am just getting lazier, but when I am in a recliner I like to be comfy and have these things handy.

Anyway whipped up a little table stand out of Silky Oak timber that I milled a while back and coated it with polyurethane paint, nothing fancy just practical.

Stand 1 IMG_0950.jpg Stand 2 IMG_0952.jpg

Clearance for the chairs to rock? Otherwise, nice idea, very simple and elegant, well done!

I like the table. Nice work. Would like one of the chairs.

Dave

Thanks guys, I gave it 1.5" of clearance above the chairs so it won't be bumped should I recline the chair whilst it has glasses on in it, and the top is rectangular so I can turn it 90 degrees if I want it to go over the recliners armrest a bit less. It's was fairly easy to make and gave it one thin and then two normal coats of the clear polyurethane paint with a light sanding between the last two coats.

Cheers

Ed.

Marco, That actually is quite a good idea, I will look into that, I hadn't even considered that. I will see what size timber I have left that will be suitable. Thank you.

Cheers

Ed.

Back