Just joined the WI family

hmmm...I guess I'll have to do that as I can thread the drawbar in most of the way and then the collet just starts spinning when it gets to the point where i can't really grip the collet anymore.

On the bright side, I got the vice mounted and machined a step in the jaws. The powerfeed works great and is such a handy feature!

So just an update...i chased the threads on the drawbar and she works like a charm now. Thanks for the help on that.

Nice work on the drawbar and congrats on getting the mill. I love the look of it.

thanks. I've been using it pretty hard while I've been converting my CNC mill over to linear rails. Overall i'm very pleased with it. I only have 2 things that I think i still need to address

1st is the main drive pulley. I think the drive spline is a bit worn in the pulley as it makes a noticeably loud clanking noise until you really put load on the spindle. Then it gets super quite.

2nd is the quill powerfeed. I had a custom belt made from mcmaster but there is a lot of resistance on the pulley which resulted in the belt just slipping. It might work, but the little spring that tensions the belt just doesn't cut it.

Back