• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Just my luck....

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Norseman C.B.

Registered
Registered
A week and a half or so back I found a craigslist add for two older Idex mills for 1500.00 bucks e-mailed three times and got
no response, gave up on them :surrender:.., today I bought a Taiwanese made r30 mill drill and a LOT of tooling from the family of a lost brother machinist on another c list add for 500 bucks YAY ! Then after returning home and unloading the tooling and readying the truck for picking up the machine day after tomorrow I opens up my E- mail to find an apologetic reply from the poster of the Index mills saying that his spam filter had caught mine and a lot of other responses, and since mine was first I had first shot, CRAP !!! can't pull this trick off too, cuz wifey gave me THE LOOK !! ....
BUMMER !! :bawling:
OK ................Whiney rant is now over ..........Guess I'll just have to go pout...... and polish my new toys..........And save my allowance up
FOR MORE TOYS !!!!!!! :laughing:

Last edited:

Eddyde

Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Please post some pictures of your score!

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Sounds a lot like my luck. Except I would have scored nothing. The wife would have spent the money while I was waiting for a response. :fatigue:

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Heck I would have gone over and got the Indexes too! Blow your budget for the next 3 years LOL
Mark

Nelson

Site Founder
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
You could buy it and flip it.

[6]
[5] [7]