Just Ordered A G0704. Let The Fun Begin!

Good deal.
Don't forget to take pics when truck gets there and during unload process.
I forgot to when I got mine home. To excited to get it uncrated and in the shop. :)

Mike, absolutely! I tend to take photos of everything! lol

I do not have any major tools in the garage... this will be the first. The only thing that I have is a low-ceiling two-post lift

Here are photos when it was delivered...

dsc01706_medium.jpg

dsc01709_medium.jpg

I will do the same when this puppy is home!! Now to finish cleaning up and organizing the garage... must make space for it. Woohooo!! :)

How do you like the lift? I've been thing about getting something like that myself.
Where did you order it from?

How do you like the lift? I've been thing about getting something like that myself.
Where did you order it from?

Love it... best thing that I have done in my garage. I used to have a mid-rise scissor lift, but it was a bit of a pita when trying to work under the car... all that metal in the way. This lift allows me to work under the car with no issues. When I am done, I unbolt it from the floor and move it against the wall. I drilled holes so that I can use it in the single bay and in the double bay (with two different positions in the double bay).

I bought it as part of the first group-by when it first came out...I think that it was back in 2009... directly from Dannmar. It gets a lot of use!!

Here is when me and my brother did the install... first test was with one column and a motorcycle... since then it has lifted several cars helping out friends fix stuff...

dsc05161_medium.jpg

Just testing lifting this one...

dsc05174_medium.jpg

dsc05181_medium.jpg

Helping a friend replace a smog pump? Can't remember what it was...

dsc_0020_800x600.jpg

Working on the Spider

dsc01252sm.jpg

Helping a friend replace the engine cross member on his Spider

dsc04820sm.jpg

After it was done... being an Italian car, an espresso was in order, lol...

dsc04932sm.jpg

Another project... removing everything before it went to the body shop for paint...

inspect2.jpg

Another project... this one needed body work also (rust) and complete engine overhaul...

EngineRepair-1_zpsae6f61ba.jpg

Those are old photos... the garage is a mess right now... reason why I need to clean up, organize, get rid of crap not being used, etc... must move quick! This is what it looks like today! Yikes!

7ab550ed-586e-4853-a926-2eaa2f34d053_zpsf9aj6yj6.jpg

90207c59-8ae0-42be-b8e1-b8a888b7d441_zpsfw5w3h6v.jpg

46eec89e-745e-44b9-b69c-891693305f2c_zpszdyrwir6.jpg

I need to get one of those side mounted garage door openers and get the door to open closer to the ceiling... like she said, every inch counts...

Last edited:
Thanks Wachuko.
Gonna have to check them out.
I would also have to clean out the garage to put one in. :)

Those that have one... How much area do I need to clear up?? What is the actual space that I will need to have to avoid the machine hitting anything?

Height-? Width - 57"? Depth - 25"?

Congratulations on your new Grizzly mill/drill. Nice looking garage also.

There is a guy on here as well as garagejournal.com that goes by Falcon67, his name is Chris. I believe he has this same mill and seems to do quite a bit of work with it. If you have any questions I am sure he would be more than willing to answer them for you.

Mike.

I set mine 24" from the Back and it's 10' or better to the left and right. I placed it so I could put any length on the table with supports if needed.

I set mine 24" from the Back and it's 10' or better to the left and right. I placed it so I could put any length on the table with supports if needed.

Do you remember how high it is? Trying to see if I can fit it behind the sliding doors by just removing one shelve...

10' ! I was hoping it would fit in a 5' space... hummm...

Thank you Mike!

Back