Just ordered a new PM 25mv and PM 1030 v

Ed of all trades

Registered
Registered
Not sure when they will come yet but am excited about it. Wanted a mill and lathe for a very long time. Will be needing a lot of info as both the mill and lathe are new machines to me. Thanks to PM for the coupon. Ed

I've got the PM25, added a power head and X travel, love it. Hoping to obtain a 1022 in the not too far distant future. I expect you'll enjoy both of them.
Coupon?

I have the same mill and lathe! You made good choices. I have had the lathe for almost 3 years and have been very happy with it. The mill I have only had for about 4 months and it already looks completely different from when I bought it. Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or need help as I have taken both machines almost completely apart and put back together more than once.

Congrats on the new machines!

Thanks for the encouragement and Shooter I might have to take you up on that. Lot to learn as you all know. Sorry I forgot the coupon code but it was good for June. Ed

Mill is here and everything looks great. The only problems so far is the saved the end mills to ship with the lathe, the draw bar is way to short and the instructions for adding the x axis power feed. They are a bad joke. Not even in the same ball park. I think when I get these fixed I will be a happy camper. Ed

Mill is here and everything looks great. The only problems so far is the saved the end mills to ship with the lathe, the draw bar is way to short and the instructions for adding the x axis power feed. They are a bad joke. Not even in the same ball park. I think when I get these fixed I will be a happy camper. Ed

I know it has been a few weeks since you posted this, but the drawbar might not be too short. There is a little black cap on the top of the spindle that is holding the return spring for the quill. That has to come off and the draw bar goes under it with the little square sticking out the top.

I know it has been a few weeks since you posted this, but the drawbar might not be too short. There is a little black cap on the top of the spindle that is holding the return spring for the quill. That has to come off and the draw bar goes under it with the little square sticking out the top.

Yep, that got me at first too. It must be a common problem - it's in the FAQ on page 2 of the manual.

Back