Just picked up this 1940 Sidney engine lathe ...

Really nice lathe. Sweet ride too! Looks in great shape.
Cheers
Martin

Nice score, looks like you won't have to worry about warping that bed. :big grin: i love old iron.

Thanks for the comments guys. It really is built like a tank, and appears to have been very well maintained, but being 80 years old I'm sure there will be an issue or two. I really tried not to buy it, waited a full week before answering the ad, but I'm afraid it just kept calling to me, and I have to admit I'm just a sucker for a pretty face. A few more pics. Cheers, Mike

View attachment 329102View attachment 329103View attachment 329104View attachment 329105View attachment 329106
You had plenty of space on that trailer, you could have swung by and snagged the camelback DP... :grin:

Actually picked it up just outside of Montrose, so not too far from you. The last 2.5 miles to pick it up was one of the roughest stretches of dirt road I've ever been on, and I've been on some rough ones. Cheers, Mike

Quote: He could have dropped it off here. ;)

LOL, yea there is many places here that are far from a paved road. Where did you see it advertised?

Back