• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Just Purchased a Hardinge HLV

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

BowMar 5415

Swarf
Registered Member
I just purchased a Hardinge HLV and setting up my home shop in Denver. Wondering if there is anyone in the Denver area that I could call on to help set up and learn about my new lathe.

Z2V

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
You know that if you don’t post pics it didn’t happen!! You can brag here.
Congrats on the new addition to your shop.

EmilioG

Active User
Wow, that's a lot of lathe for hobby work. Believe me, I would love to own an Hlv., but to find one in good condition or have one refurbished is very expensive. The Hlv is the gold standard. Please post pics and let us know what kind of shape it's in. Congrats!

Karl_T

Active User
Should we start an HLV vs. 10EE argument? Kinda like arguing over Harvard vs Yale for best Ivy league

VERY NICE SCORE, even if its not a 10EE :)

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
Man, I would love to have a HLV-H. It would be perfect for pistol work. :D

But, it will never happen. They are way to expensive for me. But congrats on getting one! :encourage:

Doubleeboy

Active User
Should we start an HLV vs. 10EE argument? Kinda like arguing over Harvard vs Yale for best Ivy league

VERY NICE SCORE, even if its not a 10EE :)

Having owed a 10ee for over a decade, I am partial, but if I could live with the work envelope, less horsepower, smaller threading range I would love a HLVH, the threading set up is very nice and the dovetail ways are indistructable if wipers are functioning. Back when I bought my EE, you could buy working , well used, but not shot WiaD models for 5K or so. 5K in a HLVH got you a rebuild canidate. I don't know if things have changed since then but the few nice HLVH that have come up in my neck of woods have all been near 20K or so. Both are marvelous machines with different attributes or weaknesses depending on how you look at it.

michael

[6]
[5] [7]