K&T 2HL Plain Rehab

Ran into some issues removing the feed distribution box, mostly my fault, but it took a while to figure out.

I'm not likely to take it apart, but I may try to fix the dial. It's 1/2 space off from the actual speed.

On the left side where you pulled the block off, inside the distribution box you will see a notch in there that the block lines up with. If you turn that or forget what feed you were on, you could throw it out of sync. Takes some playing but you can get it back aligned. I had to pull all the gears out of mine to get to the lowest shaft which had a bad bearing that caused several feeds to engage and disengage. That was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next thing to do is to remove the saddle. Nice to be back on this project after a short break.

If I could do this over, I would. I learned a few things in the process of making this video. I would do everything, and I mean everything, differently. Live and learn? On to the next part!

Welcome to rehab world. I generally do everything backwards on the first machine and hope I remember half when the second comes along. Dave

Oil wicks are in. Not a terrible job, especially with the plugs out. Definitely glad I did that. If they fail again in 5 or 10 years, I might consider a one shot lube retrofit.

I manage to get the feed unit back in my little mill in spite of not paying attention to details. LOL.

Back