K & T Milwaukee Model K #2 Vertical Mill -- $2000 Lathrop, Calif.

Nice ol mill back in it's day. Probably still nice! Only worth what scrap price brings you today. Around 6000 lbs.
I ran one back in my younger years that was a No. 5 size. Very intimidating! I did not like running it! At all!

you could resurface 3408 Caterpillar heads all day long in that K&T
i can't imagine the machine flexing very much when cutting, it's made for expedient metal removal as well as being beautiful :congratulate:

you could resurface 3408 Caterpillar heads all day long in that K&T
i can't imagine the machine flexing very much when cutting, it's made for expedient metal removal as well as being beautiful :congratulate:
Exactly! I have a contact in Laredo looking for a mill to face CAT heads on. The head he showed me had to be at least 4 foot long almost foot high. He couldn't understand why he couldn't do that on a Bridgeport clone mill.

Yeah, that No. 5 mill with the long table on it, you could almost face two of them heads on, end to end!

It's 19,000 lbs of mill! And the one I ran had a 50 HP motor running it!

Nice ol mill back in it's day. Probably still nice! Only worth what scrap price brings you today. Around 6000 lbs.
I ran one back in my younger years that was a No. 5 size. Very intimidating! I did not like running it! At all!

Only worth scrap price is misogynistic; there are shops world wide pulling accurate work out of these every day.
Every machine has some degree of intimidation to it; why care's needed enticing it do your bidding.
Anyone says different is not aware, what a few horsepower can do to you.
I'm happiest running big machines, marveling the engineering doing what wimpier machine tools cannot.
Some don't. Working in a machine shop might be the wrong choice for them, if it "doesn't fit their pistol."

Back