Kalamazoo Startrite 18-V-10

dfsmoto

Registered
Registered
Looking at buying one that looks a bit Rusty but functional for $600. Good or bad deal? Has the blade welder on it. Anybody have experience with such an animal? Thanks for any info!

If the blade welder works it adds a lot of value but make certain the electrical components including the motor are dry before using.
Around here, $600 would be fair if it's not pitted and everything works. South West CO

If the blade welder works it adds a lot of value but make certain the electrical components including the motor are dry before using.
Around here, $600 would be fair if it's not pitted and everything works. South West CO
Thanks for the info. I already committed to buying it Friday. I will post some pictures. I've been hunting for a vertical about this size for awhile. Everyone usually just has a light duty wood working unit and wants a premium for it. I think the welder would work. Just surface rust from the pictures.

Haven't tried the welder but I think it will work. Got everything else working. Cuts crooked so I will replace the blade, rollers and blade guides. Seems like a promising project!

IMG_20180219_180004506.jpg

IMG_20180219_180014792_HDR.jpg

Back