Kaleidoscope

Bill Gruby

Registered
Registered
I searched for this but it must have been lost when things went sour. My daughter wants one so I have to build another. The one you see is 17 years old now. I gave it to my wife on our 25th wedding anniversary. It has no finish on it at all. Just sanded to 1500 grit paper. It took longer to sand than it did to build.

"Billy G" :))

kel 001 (700 x 525).jpg kel 002 (700 x 525).jpg kel 003 (700 x 525).jpg kel 004 (700 x 525).jpg kel 005 (700 x 525).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Keleidoscope

I searched for this but it must have been lost when things went sour. M daughter wants one so I have to build another. The one you see is 17 years old now. I gave it to my wife on our 25th wedding anniversary. It has no finish on it at all. Just sanded to 1500 grit paper. It took longer to sand than it did to build.

Nice work Bill, very nice! :thumbzup:

M

I searched for this but it must have been lost when things went sour. My daughter wants one so I have to build another. The one you see is 17 years old now. I gave it to my wife on our 25th wedding anniversary. It has no finish on it at all. Just sanded to 1500 grit paper. It took longer to sand than it did to build.

That thing is gorgeous, Bill! If you build another, take photos along the way. I'd love to see how it's done.

John

Very nice. Do you have the plans for it? I'd love to try making one. Just got a very nice 11" Atlas wood lathe into the basement :)

That reminds me of a brass signal cannon I saw recently. Wonder how it, the kaleidoscope, would look made totally of polished brass or stainless steel? Or a combination of the two? You could use a vibrator tumbler to polish everything.

:man::drink::worship::thumbsup::high5:

Very nice work, you have the talent.

After I do the one above for my Daughter, this one is next. The optics are weight driven. The only metal in it will be the mainspring and the winding shaft. No prints for this one are available to my knowledge.

"Billy G" :thinking:

photo_2.jpg photo_1.jpg

The storm yesterday did not keep me down. I spent the day at the drawing board. Time well spent. After quite a few hours and many changes this is where we are at. Now it's on to the barrel and optics.

kds (800 x 600).jpg

It should be noted that the design I am copying is by J.R. Beall.

Back