Kaleidoscope

The stainless with brass accents does sound like a cool idea, that way the one that your trying to copy and yours would still be very unique!

Doc

22 pages of pix and prints. They are full scale and ready to use by me. They are not dimensioned yet as I don't need them that way.

"Billy G" :thinking:

kpix 001 (750 x 563).jpg kpix 002 (750 x 563).jpg

thats quite a bit of work. nicely done. did you set yourself a deadline for completing the project?

Don't think a deadline can be placed on this project. There is some dark territory here where I have never been. Thanx for the compliment.

what did you do the drawings on? paper and pencil? or any CAD program?

Both. Mostly paper and pencil though. I don't particularly care for CAD. It was kinda fun though. I used one at a friends home to generate the sprockets. I don't recall what the program was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gears will be cut soon. To keep it simple the bevel gears will have 20 teeth. This makes it a job using the Dividing Head. You can use any index circle and two full turns. Dividing Heads have a 40:1 ratio. I also have an involute cutter, a B&S #6, 20 DP, 17 - 20 teeth.

"Billy G" :hi:

Very nice. I'd love to try my hand at making one of those. How much would you want for a set of prints?

When done the prints will be available to you guys for a very small fee with an r added after the f.

"Billy G" :lmao:

Back