Kbcc 125 DC controller

Lots of people buy those digital tachs from China, less than 10 dollars I think. I don't use one myself I just guesstimate the speed and feel how the
material is cutting- that's where a variable speed motor really helps

Oooookay. I rewired all the 14 awg out for 12 awg. I wired in the fan with the main power switch. The resistor wire is soldered in, all the connections are finalized, I even have it plugged into a 20a dedicated circuit.
If I get the time tomorrow I'm going to turn an R8 arbor for the boring head I got for Christmas. That'll be a pretty good test whether this is gonna work or not...

Again, thanks mark. Your help has been instrumental.
IMG_20171230_213341.jpgIMG_20171230_213408.jpg

15146883232213312361847307458764.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Z2V
If you have further issues, maybe consider pulling the brushes and verifying they haven’t been arcing to the armature. You said it “worked before”, so it may be that one or both of the brushes aren’t being pushed into the armature fully. I don’t know what specific motor you have, but your symptoms point to a poor connection between armature and brushes. Additionally, the manual states the CL trim pot is factory set to 150% the full load rating of the motor. You had mentioned earlier a notion that 1.5 times load seemed high. So I figured it was worth mentioning. Apologies if I’ve misunderstood something.

Only problem now is that motor doesn't have a fan. It's getting really hot. I need to rig up a spindle fan.
It has a little nub sticking out the back where the hall effect sensor was attached. I can use that to attach just some crude fan blades for now probably

You might need another local AC fan for the motor especially for low speed lathe work

The beauty about low speed work is I can still run the motor fast. I still have the use of speed change pulleys and back gears.

I cut a make shift fan from the hall effect sensor plate, but it doesn't move much for air.
I don't have another 120v fan. I'll have to get one. Cause I can smell the resin in the motor. :eek:
15147492136317581643695811538807.jpg

Back