Kearney And Trecker Hand Wheels

fleckner's garage

Registered
Registered
Anyone find a source for replacement hand wheels? my new to me 2CH is missing the X and Y hand wheels. I've rough fabricated some wheels that work but would love some original correct hand wheels?

Also, New to K & T machines. My hand wheel graduated dials on X Y and Z don't seem to be "zero-able" I can't seem to get them to turn while holding the axis from moving. Do i have extremely stuck dials or are they not supposed to be zero-able?

The tap talk red "X" , I read somewhere to load pics useing paper clip

Tapatalk is plagued with red X's for pictures, unless others are using Tapatalk.
instead of using the camera icon, use the paperclip icon instead.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

Nice good old mill you have there. Wish I was a little younger, I'd get one for my shop.

Anyone find a source for replacement hand wheels? my new to me 2CH is missing the X and Y hand wheels. I've rough fabricated some wheels that work but would love some original correct hand wheels?

Also, New to K & T machines. My hand wheel graduated dials on X Y and Z don't seem to be "zero-able" I can't seem to get them to turn while holding the axis from moving. Do i have extremely stuck dials or are they not supposed to be zero-able?
I can feel your pain! Been there and done that! After all the running around, making, modifying or whatever. It’s a big pain and $. Unless it’s a machine I would die for, now I could just walk away. It’s just a silly hand wheel, how could it be that hard. You get the whole machine for a bargain and then spend that much again maybe more on the silly handwheel. I know been there! This is of no help, sorry, only reference. I found that Enco (no longer in business) was my best source for handwheels. There rough steel cast ones that you would need to machine were of excellent material and very reasonable…Dave.

I can feel your pain! Been there and done that! After all the running around, making, modifying or whatever. It’s a big pain and $. Unless it’s a machine I would die for, now I could just walk away. It’s just a silly hand wheel, how could it be that hard. You get the whole machine for a bargain and then spend that much again maybe more on the silly handwheel. I know been there! This is of no help, sorry, only reference. I found that Enco (no longer in business) was my best source for handwheels. There rough steel cast ones that you would need to machine were of excellent material and very reasonable…Dave.

IMG_2529.JPG

Thanks for the emotional support. I've rough fabricated a temporary wheel. Thanks for the enco advise. Maybe I'll search some of the other import companies for a generic wheel. I would just much prefer the correct wheel to work with the power feed selector arms on this machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back