Keep it from tipping when moving

I built my own skates with threaded holes in the center of the rotating top. That way I could bolt them through the threaded jack screw holes in the feet:
1679509277516.png
I wouldn't push it down the driveway but does OK in the shop. Just the same, I will be watching out for cracks or chips in the floor from now on.

Don't forget you can make outriggers too, to prevent it from going over. Also when lifting from the bottom all of the weight is above. If you can lift from the middle or higher a lot of weight gets moved lower stabilizing the machine. I did that for my wood lathe. It solved the problem for me.

I made up this to move my mill. I should have mounted the tubes under the mill lower.
I lowered it slowly using different thickness of wood and a pinch bar.

Attachments

• mill on wheels 007.jpg
    mill on wheels 007.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 30
  • mill on wheels 008.jpg
    mill on wheels 008.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 29
  • mill on wheels 012.jpg
    mill on wheels 012.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 29
Where is this stuff being shipped from?
Is all of it coming from one place?
Is any one piece extremely heavy or hard to handle?
Or is it all packed in one crate to be set on the truck with a fork lift?
If not too far away have you considered picking the parts up your self?
I'd shop around for a better freight rate if I were you.
There are lots of LTL outfits around.
Good luck!

Coming from the factory in Thaiwan…….
$45kg for DHL worldwide is what I’m being told. The saddle is 25kg

*Edited - corrected location

Last edited:
See if you can work with your dealer or a distributor to see if it can be bundled with another shipment.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

See if you can work with your dealer or a distributor to see if it can be bundled with another shipment.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
He's saying this is just an estimate right now, and will refund any difference if there is any. This would be coming air freight versus ocean (Ocean is cheaper, but much longer)

He's saying this is just an estimate right now, and will refund any difference if there is any. This would be coming air freight versus ocean (Ocean is cheaper, but much longer)
Take it from someone who deals in international air freight on a daily basis. I doubt that there will be much of a refund. International air cargo is very pricey.

In the end, it is what it is. Small price to pay compared to another new machine.

Back