[Newbie] Keep it or sell it?

I have a Deckel clone like C-bag. I have four work heads: a dividing head, a linear bearing, a lathe bit head, and a drill attachment. I can make or sharpen a lot of different cutters with that, but the (roughly) 90-degree range is one sided unless you use the inside of a cup wheel or the edge of a narrow flared wheel to work around that shortcoming (not ideal). With the right work heads (key words here), that Toycen would be the more capable machine. As much as I like my Guangdong Deckel, if I owned a T&C grinder at the same time I would sell the Deckel to free up the space.

So far the Alexander is wasting precious space....

And precious $$ for other tools :)

An expansion of function of my clone is finding an affordable importer of square ID R8 collets. Bought 1/4" for $38+ shipping and it really makes grinding lathe bits and bits for the shaper wonderful. I didn't get the attachment for doing lathe bits and so this fills the gap.

Follow up...... The Alexander has found a new home. To keep it for the sake of “keeping it” wasn’t reason enough. Precious shop space recovered. Cheers all, and thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is very happy in its new home.

Back