Resolved Keep needing to login

Status
Not open for further replies.

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
H-M Supporter Gold Member
For the past few days it seems I need to re-login every time I visit the site. This is new behavior, I have the "remain logged in" box checked. Has something changed here or is it something on my end?

Thanks!

Rich

Rich,

My first guess is that somehow you accidentally set your browser to clear history whenever you shut it down. That will definitely cause this problem. Of course it will cause it any other place that you go to where you expect not to have to log in.

The second possibility is that your Profile/Password & Security could have gotten set to 2-step log-in. However, you would probably have mentioned what else happened, which is that when the browser takes you to H-M, it stops and tells you that it is sending a code to your email address of record, and you have to wait until that message arrives, copy the code (it's usually a 6 or 7 digit numeric string) and paste it into the offered field before you can proceed..

The third possibility is that the user ID or password stored in a cookie on your machine has gotten corrupted. The only fix for that one that I know of is to clear cache/History and start over from scratch.

Upvote 0
It appears to be something on my end, I thought it was just this site but I'm having the same problem on another site, although most work fine. I have tried clearing all cookies and history but that hasn't solved it. Thanks for your help, the battle continues......

Upvote 0
Well I’ve been having the same issue, ever since the site was upgraded a week,or so ago. When the log in pop up was changed. I can’t stay logged in on my iPad but have no problems with my iphone

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It appears to be something on my end, I thought it was just this site but I'm having the same problem on another site, although most work fine. I have tried clearing all cookies and history but that hasn't solved it. Thanks for your help, the battle continues......
Please post the specs of the device/computer that you're using along with which browser this is occurring with.

Upvote 0
Desktop Dell Windows 10 Home Chrome Version 64.0.3282.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I take back my remarks about having this problem on another site, I think that was a self inflicted wound during debugging. I'm not having the problem on other sites now. I do suspect it has something to do with this site trying to set third part cookies including these:

doubleclick.net
google.com
www.google.com
openx.net
mookie1.cn
mookie1.com
everesttech.net

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likewise I am using an IPad with the current IOS and standard Apple Safari browser. This is the only site I have log in difficulties.

Upvote 0
Another good debug question would be if the other sites that are OK are running Xenforo or some other Forum Software System.
Xenforo seems to have it's own barrel full of quirks.

Don't much care for the cookies either, but we're in the 2nd age of advertising...

Upvote 0
See my Apple comments in the other thread.

Upvote 0
Well I’ve been having the same issue, ever since the site was upgraded a week,or so ago. When the log in pop up was changed. I can’t stay logged in on my iPad but have no problems with my iphone
So I'm not the only one. I have the Ghostery browser on my iPad and tried with no problem. Also was able to open a thread in a new tab without having to login. Problem may be Safari! Under certain situations its happening with Ghostery also, but only when I completely close the app! With Safari, opening a thread in a separate tab requires a login.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back