Resolved Keep needing to login

Status
Not open for further replies.

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
H-M Supporter Gold Member
For the past few days it seems I need to re-login every time I visit the site. This is new behavior, I have the "remain logged in" box checked. Has something changed here or is it something on my end?

Thanks!

Rich

I have been having the same issue. after reading through all this I took a peak at my browser settings and found that if Block Pop ups was turned on then I had to log in every time I opened a thread or wanted to post in one. So for me turning off block pop ups worked. Using Win 10 home and Edge browser. Hopes this helps others with this issue. Spoke too soon didn't fix the issue. This sure doesn't seem to be a user issue more like a software issue possibly caused by an update.?

Upvote 0
1. Again, I tried the site on your account on Google Chrome with no issues.

2. Rule #6
Public tantrums, threats to leave, etc. will not be tolerated.

Upvote 0
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a threat or tantrum. If Chrome is the recommended browser then I guess I will need to switch to that

Upvote 0
I'm using FireFox and only see the POTM and the block position numbers in the square brackets. I'm probably not using the same Firefox version as you, though.

Upvote 0
Ok I have fixed my problem with Chrome but I'm not really sure why what I did worked. I discovered that if I typed the URL "https://www.hobby-machinist.com" rather than using the bookmark that I have been using for years it would log me in automatically but if I used my bookmark it would not. So I deleted my bookmark and created a new one and now all is well.

Upvote 0
Ok I have fixed my problem with Chrome but I'm not really sure why what I did worked. I discovered that if I typed the URL "https://www.hobby-machinist.com" rather than using the bookmark that I have been using for years it would log me in automatically but if I used my bookmark it would not. So I deleted my bookmark and created a new one and now all is well.
Ah yes, the ol' using a bookmark syndrome. What worked fine for a long time changes for some unknown reason.
I'll need to see what's on another of my Win7 laptops, although I don't think I ever used it for accessing the site.

Upvote 0

Thanks for posting your fix, Rich! This has been a problem for some users, some browsers, but not all and it seemed to have little rhyme or reason to it. I hope this will resolve it for everyone.

Upvote 0
Had another post asking about this, didn't know thie thread was here. I've been haveing this problem for awhile now and have trued everything I can think of.

Tried all of the above solutions but still having problems. I am using Firefox but because of conflicts with other sites am not able to switch to Chrome.

I hope someone comes up with a fix for Firefox soon!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back