Resolved Keep needing to login

Status
Not open for further replies.

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
H-M Supporter Gold Member
For the past few days it seems I need to re-login every time I visit the site. This is new behavior, I have the "remain logged in" box checked. Has something changed here or is it something on my end?

Thanks!

Rich

Since the site switched s/w I'm having to login too much. I've not changed anything in my browser but I have done some testing. If I click on the orange Hobby Machinist big square icon at the top left I have to log in again. I have the "stay logged in" option checked. If I am at the "home" screen and click on "Forums" at the top I get logged out. So far, that's what I've seen. I know in the past I've gotten logged out more than what I've just tested so I'll keep an eye out.

Upvote 0
Something is going on . . . I'm just too lazy to try to find a pattern, sooo - I'll just watch you figure it out! Many thanks.

Upvote 0
Neither of these reasons may be the culprit in this case, but one thing that can cause a link that once took you straight in to a site to require you to log in is if you cleared history/cookies/etc. (the function seems to go by a different name every time that Microsoft or Apple bring out a new version OS). Another thing that can cause it and that happened to me once is that some browsers can be set to clear cookies every time that you shut down the browser. I never did figure out what had changed the setting. I turned it off and everything went back to normal, and so far has stayed there.

Upvote 0
If you're having difficulties please provide:
- type of device you're using; PC, Tablet, Smartphone, ETC.
- OS Version
- Browser you are utilizing
As is the case in a number of instances when trying to debug or troubleshoot something this info is helpful to say the least.

I'm been running 'tests' for over a week now attempting to duplicate this problem, on (2) android tablets - (4) different browsers | (1) desktop PC, Win7Pro, (2) browsers | (1) laptop, Win7Pro, Firefox | (1) Laptop, Linux Mint17, Firefox. I've only had two of the browsers under android fail.
Firefox seems to be the best bet currently.
If you're on Win10 and using Edge, forgetaboutit-ditchit, switch to Firefox.
Apple OS try it also.

Upvote 0
I'm running a PC using Windows 7 Pro and Firefox. Everything is up to date.
Sometimes it seems to work, other times no. If I use a password program to log on it works most (maybe all) of the time.

Sometimes computers really, really suck.

Upvote 0
I’m on iPhone 8 using safari and chrome both act about the same I log in and if I click on just about anything it says I need to log in again. Happens about 75% of the time. During the login screen the curser is usually a few lines below where it should be but the entered text appears in the right place.

Upvote 0
I had to manually log on again just now (Windows 7, Firefox) but I reset Firefox yesterday so I am starting over trying diferent combinations of settings between my password program (RoboForm - which I try not to use with HM but will in I have to) and Firefox. I'll let you know if I have any luck in few days.
Thanks for working on it.

Upvote 0
I am still working on this.
I myself am being logged off in Internet Explorer. I have no idea why.
I can get access without logoffs in Chrome and Firefox.

I have conducted various experiments based on reading I have done on the Xenforo site.
I have changed the www and non-www access.
I have tried to force the IP to remain constant.
Nothing has worked so far.
But, I am still working on it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back