Resolved Keep needing to login

Status
Not open for further replies.

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
H-M Supporter Gold Member
For the past few days it seems I need to re-login every time I visit the site. This is new behavior, I have the "remain logged in" box checked. Has something changed here or is it something on my end?

Thanks!

Rich

The warning is there for both of us. I circled the warning I am talking about in this picture you posted.

This morning I could not auto log on with either Firefox or IE. I did get logged on using my password program (RoboForm) which hasn't always worked.

1518674035077.png

However, using Roboform is just as bad because I have to log on to that program before I can have it log on to HM! (several more key presses in fact).

Upvote 0
HobbyMac,
Just to clarify (I just read the home page banner), and I think this what you mean but . .
I am not having trouble staying logged in once I get logged in. My problem is that when I first navigate to HM I am asked for my user name and password. HM does not seem to be accepting the memorized information in my browser (that info is definitely included in the "Saved Logins" of the options page of Firefox. If I simply navigate away from HM (without logging off) I can come back without having to logon again for some period of time (not sure how long that is - an hour maybe?). Not sure what happens if I logoff. I'll try it now.

Upvote 0
OK, I just logged off (from the above post) and immediately opened HM again. It wants a user name and password. Without logging on I tried RoboForm again. It would not work this time (but it worked 12 minutes ago)!

Weird. Ghosts of long departed machinists pranksters maybe?

Upvote 0
For the FIRST time, on Internet Explorer, I did not have to login repeatedly.
I have removed the Home tab containing the page that I created, and the corresponding navigation addresses.

Please clear your caches thoroughly, and tell me if you have to login again.

Upvote 0
Ok, we need to replicate the problem.

Please let me know the EXACT series of actions you took, i.e., what you clicked, before you had to log on again.
We need to track this down.

Upvote 0
OK, I just logged off (from the above post) and immediately opened HM again. It wants a user name and password. Without logging on I tried RoboForm again. It would not work this time (but it worked 12 minutes ago)!

Weird. Ghosts of long departed machinists pranksters maybe?
Time to break out the Sage to chase away the pranksters.

Mike, which Anti-Virus product are you using?
Also I wonder if there are any setting(s) in Roboform that might automatically log you out once you navigate away from a site.
Feels like something is. . .

Upvote 0
Ok I have fixed my problem with Chrome but I'm not really sure why what I did worked. I discovered that if I typed the URL "https://www.hobby-machinist.com" rather than using the bookmark that I have been using for years it would log me in automatically but if I used my bookmark it would not. So I deleted my bookmark and created a new one and now all is well.

Mine wouldn't stay logged in since the update on my shop pc, using chrome, but my android turbo 2 would stay logged in.
I went to my old bookmark, copied the url after logging in, deleted the bookmark, paste and opened it up again and re bookmarked it. It seems to be working fine now. Thats the first time I personally have heard of doing that but it did seem to work. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Please delete the old bookmarks. That could cause a problem, since the site's url has been set to "https://www.hobby-machinist.com", in order to correct security issues, and all site URLs are being converted to that URL by the settings which I installed to correct this issue.

Upvote 0
Haven't been around for awhile, but this was how I had to log in again. Opened the picture/ video link in a new window, saw an article on broaching, read down to the sketch, double clicked the picture(hobby-machinist.com/attachments/broach_zps13bb7bd0-jpg.182786/). The screen that tells you that you don't have permission to view/ login came up, logged in and viewed picture and saved link for you all. I usually open links in new windows because I have a tendency to wander, this is my trail of bread crumbs. Thanks for all the hard work all you people do!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back