Keep stuff from sliding in your pickup bed

Tmate

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I recently had occasion to go to an auto salvage yard to get an 80 lb. truck rim for a vise stand base. I knew that if I just threw it in the back of my pickup, it would slide all over the place when turning or stopping. Rather than tie tie it down, I put a couple of pieces of thin rubber sheet under it. The rim didn't move an inch during my trip home.

rim.JPG rubber sheet.JPG rubber sheet2.JPG

I had a tool box in the bed of the Ford . I never put the lock mechanism onto it as I carried firewood up and back to NY . One of my calipers fell off in the driveway , had it towed to a shop . The lid blew open and broke the sliding window out of the truck . So add $50 for a new insurance window , and $2200 for a half ass brake job that the guy did not put calipers on which I paid for . I will never go back to him . I ended up replacing all calipers myself in a couple hours . Yes , a bed mat is the cat's meow .

This is where spray in bedliners shine.

Just rubbery enough that things don’t slide.
I had a pickup with a sprayed liner and it was great. Now I have one of those plastic drop-in liners (came with the truck) and it's pretty awful. I use rubber stall mats to keep stuff from zooming around in the box.

OEM Ford F-150 (2016) spray in bed liner.

NOTHING moves......it's great!

Back